1/17/18...Powder Day!!!!

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Oh yeah, when i had a brain fart and took lower sidewinder instead of lower lazy to main, i got to ride the the 6 with someone who proclaimed “theres no way they did any grooming last night”. He wasnt thrilled with conditions at 11:30 am. 

Probably same person who calls the sugar ‘powder’

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

44 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

Oh yeah, when i had a brain fart and took lower sidewinder instead of lower lazy to main, i got to ride the the 6 with someone who proclaimed “theres no way they did any grooming last night”. He wasnt thrilled with conditions at 11:30 am. 

28 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

Probably same person who calls the sugar ‘powder’

And felt like that was "getting there first thing."

32 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Didn't make it for the morning but had a great afternoon. Enjoyed the trees off Switchback and Lazy and the bike trail between Lazy and Sidewinder.

The trees to the right of switchback??  Just the top section??? Ballsy of you to do the bike trail between lazy and sidewinder. Way to get after it!!!

5 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Hey All,

I'm back from a fun powder day at Blue mountain the true mountain. Reports were flying of 5-6" of new snow at Mount Mik to as high as 7-8" in Palmerton from the accuweather forums.  The drive up was easy took me about ten extra minutes and I stopped at WaWa on the way.  I arrived at 7:50am and in the house were JFDan, Atomic Jeff, Toast, Tarponhead, Indiggio, SallyCat, Tele Matt, Root, Shadows and many others.  Indiggio was even ringing the cowbell in the lot this morning. 

Onto the skiing blue groomed the majority of their steeper terrain before the majority of the overnight snowfall fell. Razors was first up and was amazing..top to bottom powder that was light but supportive as well..skied Razors two more times..second time as untracked as the first really just the two patroller tracks and about five PASR tracks third time on Razors while still large swaths of untracked you were crossing others tracks..next after that was nightmare dreamweaver already chowder still nice just was skied on a lot while we got 2700 vert of fresh pow on Razors. 

X-ing and the glades had nice fresh upper Main Street had lots of fresh as well in the second half of the first hour..I did my best to get any untracked pockets.  One liftride on the six pack a guy skied under the six pack on the lower marquee route above the first turn of lower sidewinder and went over all sorts of rocks and fell forward and ate shit. That's a lesson to all you Saltys and Eafs please check yourself before you wreck yourself.  It's national safety month so be safe folks.  

Razors was pretty rough rough when I returned to it some serious push piles..paraweaver was was technical as well some nice piles.  I went back to the lot for a beer and soft pretzel and the people were really starting to stream in.  Only the six pack was running until 11something and then the quad began running which eliminated the tiny liftlines perhaps a minute or two tops.  One interesting run was skiing sidewinder to lower lazy mile its a run that was a normal run back in my middle school days to get back to the Main Street chair to get back to the upper lodge.  

I took the Main Street chair with Root and we did widowmaker my first widowmaker of the season..some call it raceway but raceway never used to be titties deep..Root scored some fresh by the patrol shack and I got some pow pow off the side of the trail..and more fresh on the sides of chute you have to be real careful of rocks and cookies off trail..lower Main Street was rough..did Paradise to dreamweaver and Root was flying on his new skis through the chop.  Ended with a run on Paradise around noon or a little later.  

Many were saying today was the best day of the season..if you're a powderhound like me that's no argument.  This new snow is gonna make for some awesome conditions this weekend. 

Got out on the snow at 9. Thought I saw you guys from the lift going down Sidewinder. Need some people to ski with, to help improve my skiing. Maybe next year I'll get a full pass. Then it will prolly rain every weekend 😑

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, momskeeztoo said:

Got out on the snow at 9. Thought I saw you guys from the lift going down Sidewinder. Need some people to ski with, to help improve my skiing. Maybe next year I'll get a full pass. Then it will prolly rain every weekend 😑

Full pass is worth it.  It's only $100 more earlybird and there could always be powder  and bluebird days on the weekends and VIP line is awesome.  Momskeez I'll ski with you sometime..just not on a powder day. 

58 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

The trees to the right of switchback??  Just the top section??? Ballsy of you to do the bike trail between lazy and sidewinder. Way to get after it!!!

33 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

You called it early on the lift that the gapers would ski that later in the afternoon!

QFT :clap

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Full pass is worth it.  It's only $100 more earlybird and there could always be powder  and bluebird days on the weekends and VIP line is awesome.  Momskeez I'll ski with you sometime..just not on a powder day. 

Ditto 

3 minutes ago, indiggio said:

If I had had my crappy Tigersnakes, I would have run the Challenge liftline, but I didn't want to shred the new whips. Did the Challenge line last year and raked the bases on the TSs, now they're dedicated rock skis.

The marquee route got ruined by the bike path...the section under Main Street chair between come around and the chute it prime but come around was closed for a rebuild. Under the quad between dreamweaver and razorback is nice with a little more coverage. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, momskeeztoo said:

@momskeeztoo It would be great to meet and ski with you; I can offer enthusiasm and good company if not skill.   I can sometimes get up there on weekdays if that's when you ski. :  historychris at  yahoo dot  com

I was next in line this morning behind the PASR group. I said hello because I knew I wouldn't see them the rest of the day except screaming down trails visible from the lift. Sort of like being the little kid in the Mean Joe Greene Coke commercial except that nobody threw me a disgusting post-game jersey. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, SallyCat said:

@momskeeztoo It would be great to meet and ski with you; I can offer enthusiasm and good company if not skill.   I can sometimes get up there on weekdays if that's when you ski. :  historychris at  yahoo dot  com

I was next in line this morning behind the PASR group. I said hello because I knew I wouldn't see them the rest of the day except screaming down trails visible from the lift. Sort of like being the little kid in the Mean Joe Greene Coke commercial except that nobody threw me a disgusting post-game jersey. 

Wow just wow...if you give me a cold beverage I'll throw you my snotty balaclava lol..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1