1/17/18...Powder Day!!!!

GrilledSteezeSandwich

35 minutes ago, SallyCat said:

@momskeeztoo It would be great to meet and ski with you; I can offer enthusiasm and good company if not skill.   I can sometimes get up there on weekdays if that's when you ski. :  historychris at  yahoo dot  com

I was next in line this morning behind the PASR group. I said hello because I knew I wouldn't see them the rest of the day except screaming down trails visible from the lift. Sort of like being the little kid in the Mean Joe Greene Coke commercial except that nobody threw me a disgusting post-game jersey. 

I'm usually there Wednesday and Thursday. Not next week, I'm going away. But I may be there next Friday. I'm definitely getting full pass next year. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

One liftride on the six pack a guy skied under the six pack on the lower marquee route above the first turn of lower sidewinder and went over all sorts of rocks and fell forward and ate shit. That's a lesson to all you Saltys and Eafs please check yourself before you wreck yourself.  It's national safety month so be safe folks.

Today I tried skiing under the beginner lift at Montage. As soon as I realized it was a bad idea, I hit a small rock or something and fell. It was a very slow fall but I think I scratched the base on my RTM a little bit.

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Today I tried skiing under the beginner lift at Montage. As soon as I realized it was a bad idea, I hit a small rock or something and fell. It was a very slow fall but I think I scratched the base on my RTM a little bit.

Wow just wow that will decrease the skis resale value by 17%

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

The trees to the right of switchback??  Just the top section???

We did those trees the last snowstorm, when there was a lot of overblown snow from Switchback.

Thought they would be better, but they ended up being way too short for the effort and there were still lots of rocks jutting out.  Once and done...

8 hours ago, SallyCat said:

Sort of like being the little kid in the Mean Joe Greene Coke commercial except that nobody threw me a disgusting post-game jersey. 

I thought about tossing you my fanny flap, but I thought that might seem sexist.  Plus I didn't want my butt to get wet.

Edited by indiggio
  • Haha 1

#1 day for me at Blue this year, thus far. More powder days to come. Plan on it. Those first 3 runs down Razors were glorious. Why we got three steller runs down razors i will never know. Lots of people gravitated towards sidewinder. If we had the base off trail like we did a week ago, today would have been even better. Doug was kind enough to hook everybody up with soft pretzels from wawa and beers in the lot. 

I’m glad the guy eating shit under the lift, in front of his kid was ok in the end, but that was priceless. I dont know how he though that was going to go ok. Nothing but rocks. He had to tear his bases up. 

Rentals ..

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, rummy said:

Rentals ..

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

It wasn't about the skis getting messed up it's that the person fell face first into snow covered rocks..for low tide conditions like that you'd want to be light on your feet with s flat ski and sort of hop around and he carved his edges in like he was in a perfect turn clinic with Salty.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

whats it like showing up four hours after opening on a powder day??

Not as awesome as being there at 8 but still the best conditions I have had at Blue this season and no lines, so no complaint.

Had to wrap up work stuff before I could take time off. Better late than never.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, indiggio said:

Good to hear it was fun and you incurred no damage.

Typically with that amount of snow, it's enough to entice people into the woods, only to find it's not enough coverage and rocks come up through.

Indiggio...Ski2Live got after it yesterday no need to be Salty...that bike trail weaves back and forth between Sidewinder and Lazy mile from Tuts lane to just above the falls. Amazing stuff...he probably followed this guy into it. 

IMG_2296.PNG

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Indiggio...Ski2Live got after it yesterday no need to be Salty...that bike trail weaves back and forth between Sidewinder and Lazy mile from Tuts lane to just above the falls. Amazing stuff...he probably followed this guy into it.

There are a lot of bike trails at Blue.