Trip Report - 1/17/2018

saltyant

There are no experts.....well extremely few and they are far greater skiers then we could ever hope to be.

That said way to get your dick wet, this was probably a good introduction to a much larger world...........whatever you do don't fight the pow rather you must flow with it. It's like sailing, you can't change the wind so you gotta change your sails. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Busiest day wow..

Yep I called it right. It's already just as crowded as the busiest I've seen it so far this year, and its only 10. I'll stick around for a little while to see how bad it gets, then I might go biking instead this afternoon. The line for lift tickets looks like the line for black Friday shopping already. Whatever though, got some real nice runs in before the madness begun.

Edited by saltyant

4 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Is there a Camelback report from today or yesterday. I need a reason to SUJOPO. Plus Matt Edge wanted to know how cliffhanger was.  I think him and enjorales are hitting the camel next weekend to ski with salty

Meh, the last 2 days have been pretty uneventful. Starting to get bored with skiing, I've done every single trail at Camelback ad nauseum at this point. Maybe I'll take a brief hiatus and go road biking next weekend instead.

The highlight of my day was when I was cranky this morning and some dude on the lift ride kept asking me pointless questions, like what do I do, where do I work, am I married, do I have kids, etc. He was a nice guy, but I hate making unnecessary small talk with people on the lift sometimes unless it's an interesting topic, like skiing or something.

3 hours ago, saltyant said:

Meh, the last 2 days have been pretty uneventful. Starting to get bored with skiing, I've done every single trail at Camelback ad nauseum at this point. Maybe I'll take a brief hiatus and go road biking next weekend instead.

The highlight of my day was when I was cranky this morning and some dude on the lift ride kept asking me pointless questions, like what do I do, where do I work, am I married, do I have kids, etc. He was a nice guy, but I hate making unnecessary small talk with people on the lift sometimes unless it's an interesting topic, like skiing or something.

Salty sounds like you got a little taste of your own medicine.  Maybe next weekend ski somewhere different for a change.  When you like skiing, skiing the same runs over again doesn't bother you because you are skiing..we've all skied the same runs at Blue over and over again and still wanna go out there. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Cause you ask a lot of questions on lift rides( which is fine) so somebody else did. Anyway nothing wrong with meeting new friends.  They can scratch the areas of your back you can't reach. 

Oh that lol. I wasn't aware I ask a lot of questions until Atomic pointed that out, thanks. But at least I sort of know you guys from posting on here. I hate when random people that I will never see again after the lift ride start asking me personal questions. 

4 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Oh that lol. I wasn't aware I ask a lot of questions until Atomic pointed that out, thanks. But at least I sort of know you guys from posting on here. I hate when random people that I will never see again after the lift ride start asking me personal questions. 

You don't have to answer them...

5 hours ago, saltyant said:

How were the conditions the last two days???