Current conditions

Gurus

Considering a Friday trip to Elk given the natural snowfall yesterday and sunshine tomorrow. Their conditions report today has no data on actual amounts received.

Can anybody give me an idea on how much NE PA received?  Any first hand from Elk yesterday or today?

Thanks!

2 minutes ago, Gurus said:

Thanks GSS - I remember you from way back in the day on the Alpine zone thingy.  Bastards ever lift the ban??

No I got banned over a post about 9/11 pretty much saying we got our revenge for 9/11 by killing tens of thousands of innocent afghani and Iraqis.  I lurk alpinezone a little bit...I prefer Teton gravity forums as I don't really ski in NY and VT anymore mainly blue mountain and out west.  

3 minutes ago, Shadows said:

i made an account on one of those board messin around as you i think. 

The one dude on alpinezone cheated on his wife who was also a poster.  One day the guy who cheated posted a glowing commentary about how much he loves his wife and within two minutes I post,"If you loved your wife so much why did you cheat on her?" Wow was there an uproar.  Some were PMing thanking me and others were saying that comments like that breakup families sheesh lol

• Haha 1

Having owned ski houses (or condos) in the past I'll say a few things.

- When you have a ski house you have lots of friends, many you never knew about.

- There's about a one or two year lag between when you acquire the house and when the list starts to grow exponentially.

- sleepover is just an acronym for eat all his food and drink all his booze.

- Freeloaders and guests are two different animals. I can spot the freeloaders a mile away.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

41 minutes ago, Old Geezer said:

Having owned ski houses (or condos) in the past I'll say a few things.

- When you have a ski house you have lots of friends, many you never knew about.

- There's about a one or two year lag between when you acquire the house and when the list starts to grow exponentially.

- sleepover is just an acronym for eat all his food and drink all his booze.

- Freeloaders and guests are two different animals. I can spot the freeloaders a mile away.

I like staying in hotels.  I don't like staying in people's homes.  I've stayed in a ski house in Aspen and in Tahoe as well and would have much preferred a hotel in both instances.  

• 3 weeks later...