1-18-18

toast21602

Thought I saw you once. Spent most of the morning in the bumps, skiers right line was good, skiers left bumps had ice in the troughs. Skied a few other trails, everything was good.. 

I thought that might have been you but I saw three people with hair like you. One in a yellowish jacket, one on CC skis, and one with a blue jacket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

22 minutes ago, SallyCat said:

They treat the help pretty good at Fancy Pants Academy. Actually, faculty lunch is a holdover from having been a boarding school

My mom went to an all girls boarding school in Bryn Mawr called Baldwin and she said the food was good.  I thought the food in college was really good.  It's where I ate salad and eggs for the first time both I refused as a kid. 

I know a solid percentage of the fancy pants academy grads from 1995-2007..they're all over the west end of Allentown both when I was a kid and now hanging out at local bars. I also know two kids in the lower school...one of the fancy pants academy grads I know gets half tuition for her kid because she's a single mom who makes five figures. 

Sorry for the semi hijack..ODoyle rules and Switchback is good!!!

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I'll be up this evening a little before 7 especially since I'm gonna miss the next two Thursday nights cause I'll be in Jackson hole...

wow, the rare nighttime GSS sighting! be sure to stop by and say hey if you see us.

Ha ha ha ha ha, I just skied three runs with a 35 year old dude  I happened to sit next to at the bar. His idea to ski together. I kept giving HUGE OBVIOUS clues about how old I was and kept giving him exit opportunities. He finally went in for an elk burker. That was hilarious.  Nice guy--sorry to have wasted his time but it was his call! :rofl:rofl:rofl 

• Haha 1

Ha ha ha ha ha, I just skied three runs with a 35 year old dude  I happened to sit next to at the bar. His idea to ski together. I kept giving HUGE OBVIOUS clues about how old I was and kept giving him exit opportunities. He finally went in for an elk burker. That was hilarious.  Nice guy--sorry to have wasted his time but it was his call! :rofl:rofl:rofl 

His loss.
  • Like 2

Hey All,

I'm back from a fun night session at Blue mountain the true mountain. I arrived at the lower lot around 645pm and Atomic Jeff, MBike Mike and Nastar Glenn were booting up and we met up with Johnny Law, Matt edge, Mrs. snowbunski, Guitar and Tele Matt later.  Temperature was in the low 20s to start and crowds were fairly light. A lot of buses in the house. The best conditions were on Nightmare to dreamweaver and Lazy mile. Switchback, sidewinder and Razors were ok.  

There was some random spot snowmaking...all in all it was a pleasent session and I skied until around 910pm the lot for another hour and had some beer.  It's been so cold this season that it felt downright pleasent in the lot even though the temperature was in the mid teens.  It's been a fun three days in a row this week..should be super nice this weekend with sunshine and moderate temperatures..JADIP..

• Like 3

2 hours ago, SallyCat said:

Sally younger guys like older women and younger females like older men. It's a wonderful thing enjoy it..the ratio is in your favor..embrace it!!!

• Like 2

@tinymoose and I rolled into the upper lot around 6.20-ish and headed into lodge and @Grimblygunk was already there booting up. made in on snow about 6:45 for a warm-up lap before meeting with the race clinic at the racing office. I forgot my phone in the car, so I couldn't do any live TR reporting (which I was intending to do, oh well). pretty much lapped the 6-pack all nite doing more drills and exercises that are supposed to make one a better skier, but in reality made me feel like a moron, lol!  my run of the nite was a quick blast down razor's early on to catch up to a clinic straggler. good thing we were working on technical skillz b/c we needed them given the variable surface conditions (sugary chop, polished slick hard pack, to boiler plate ice). ran into atomicskier, GSS, mbike, nastarglen, and jlaw a couple times at the bottom of the 6-pack. called it quits about 9:15 and did two laps through barney's bumps, which was a mistake. there were a few good turns to be had in there, but for the most part the moguls had been severely skied out and/or destroyed entirely to expose the nasty boiler plate. def high impact skiing, and my ankles and right knee are a bit angry with me today. after that, we retired to the upper mtn bar for après. got home about 12:30 and the cats were angry with us b/c we had left them alone all nite long.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, guitar73 said:

9:15 and did two laps through barney's bumps, which was a mistake. there were a few good turns to be had in there, but for the most part the moguls had been severely skied out and/or destroyed entirely to expose the nasty boiler plate. def high impact skiing,

I was bopping around Main St. around that time and I had fun going in and out of the lower set of bumps just on the edge of the mogul field so as to avoid the ice and have a quick emergency escape route in case of disaster. I don't know how to ski bumps: I treat them like little jumps followed by a quick turn and I'm going to hurt myself probably, but it sure is fun. 

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, SallyCat said:

I was bopping around Main St. around that time and I had fun going in and out of the lower set of bumps just on the edge of the mogul field so as to avoid the ice and have a quick emergency escape route in case of disaster. I don't know how to ski bumps: I treat them like little jumps followed by a quick turn and I'm going to hurt myself probably, but it sure is fun. 

I thought the upper set of moguls were in better shape b/c it's a little steeper. ditto the sticking to the edges of the mogul field. FWIW, there looked to be much better bumps to be had in the sleepy hollow glades. natural bumps are always better than cat-pushed moguls.

• Like 1