Powder Day 2018 Mega Thread

saltyant

1 hour ago, RootDKJ said:

One of RootDKJ’s rules of life...

Never expect good seafood from restaurants in land locked states. 

Not a good rule. There are some really good places in the valley to get some good seafood that isn't frozen shit. My favorite is 3rd & Ferry Fish Market. The worst places are chains and fast food. Oh, and buffets.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

Not a good rule. There are some really good places in the valley to get some good seafood that isn't frozen shit. My favorite is 3rd & Ferry Fish Market. The worst places are chains and fast food. Oh, and buffets.

I'm a fat fuck and I don't even mess with buffets anymore.  If I want Chinese food I go to Lui's house by Wegmans..it's high quality..their hot and sour soup, wonton soup and Tom Yom soup are all great and their pork fried rice and Avocado  salad are elite.  You might have to spend $20 though SALTY

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I'm a fat fuck and I don't even mess with buffets anymore.  If I want Chinese food I go to Lui's house by Wegmans..it's high quality..their hot and sour soup, wonton soup and Tom Yom soup are all great and their pork fried rice and Avocado  salad are elite.  You might have to spend $20 though SALTY

Youll's (or however its spelled) the place in Allentown you were talking about?

4 hours ago, saltyant said:

I still haven't figured out how to eat crab legs. Can't ever get any meat out of the damn things and my hands just get messy.

Legs are easy, break the leg into the three obvious pieces, snap in the middle of the piece the one side and then snap it back the other way to break the other side, do not try to snap it in half. If you do it right you can pull the entire thing of meat out in one piece.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, toast21602 said:

Youll's (or however its spelled) the place in Allentown you were talking about?

Yeah Youells is in Allentown near cedar beach. Their crab bisque is super good...and they have a long list of different fish and seafood entrees.  Also a bar menu if you wanna keep it cheaper with things like bang bang shrimp and fish and chips. 

IMG_2317.JPG

IMG_2318.JPG

4 minutes ago, Johnny Law said:

Legs are easy, break the leg into the three obvious pieces, snap in the middle of the piece the one side and then snap it back the other way to break the other side, do not try to snap it in half. If you do it right you can pull the entire thing of meat out in one piece.

Thanks. I've never heard of anybody having trouble getting meat out of crab legs. Sorry that Salty RTMs hands get messy maybe he can wear surgical gloves. 

11 minutes ago, Johnny Law said:

QFT. I have a shellfish allergy but I enjoy cracking legs for my wife when she gets them. Its like a game.

8 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Yeah Youells is in Allentown near cedar beach. Their crab bisque is super good...and they have a long list of different fish and seafood entrees.  Also a bar menu if you wanna keep it cheaper with things like bang bang shrimp and fish and chips. 

IMG_2317.JPG

IMG_2318.JPG

TFTI

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Shadows said:

Sushi is allow to be flash frozen for like 12 hours or something. So like 12hours from the beach is fine. I always thought it was stupid people get seafood in the middle of the rockies. 

I know the high end sushi restaurants in Jackson hole has sushi flown in daily from the west coast. I agree though in the Rockies you want to eat beef, Mexican food(lots of actual Mexicans) or Rocky Mountain oysters. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

1 minute ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I know the high end sushi restaurants in Jackson hole has sushi flown in daily from the west coast. I agree though in the Rockies you want to eat beef, Mexican food(lots of actual Mexicans) or Rocky Mountain oysters. 

In the Rockies or out west I want to eat wild game, like buffalo, bison, elk, etc.. although you're right, a nice juice medium burger with some fresh beef is always wonderful.

• Like 1

Just now, toast21602 said:

In the Rockies or out west I want to eat wild game, like buffalo, bison, elk, etc.. although you're right, a nice juice medium burger with some fresh beef is always wonderful.

There is always a guy at the base of the Powder Mt. access road in Eden who sells all different kinds of jerky out of a roadside trailer. Its fantastic. Salmon jerky in the PNW is dynamite as well. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

The gun barrel steak and game saloon in Jackson hole is good. Mixed game grill is bison prime rib, an elk chop and venison sausage.  My Montana friend Tom is a big fan of the place.  Atomic Jeff not so much.