Powder Day 2018 Mega Thread

saltyant

11 hours ago, indiggio said:

Nah, they pull the fish out of the mighty Susquehanna!

The Mighty Susq! The longest non-navigable river in the country!

You were a lot closer to the less mighty but even more polluted Lackawanna river. Glad to see you got out there and explored the Mighty 'Tage. Looks like tackled white lightning, how was it? Did you explore the trees at all? 

6 minutes ago, Schif said:

You were a lot closer to the less mighty but even more polluted Lackawanna river. Glad to see you got out there and explored the Mighty 'Tage. Looks like tackled white lightning, how was it? Did you explore the trees at all? 

White Lightning was fantastic. Totally ungroomed and giant moguls. I made it down on my first attempt! I didn't explore any trees based on the advice of JohnnyLaw and several others. The powder just wasn't deep enough. I tried skiing under the beginner lift but hit a rock and fell at low speed.

When I started skiing two years ago, Montage was my main mountain because they used to have really good deals on Liftopia for night skiing. I had a lot of fun skiing the top half of the mountain. Now I prefer Camelback or Blue due to the high speed quads.

21 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I like how the free refills was about Mountain Dew and not about the pow pow lol

I will say this, it feels really good when the hidden meaning behind the work is seen. No matter how long it takes. - Jar Jar Binks

Edited by saltyant

1 minute ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Salty is it true you walked down white lightning??

No that's not true. I slid down. But I did make it down.

1 minute ago, RootDKJ said:

Fuck Jarjar.  Worst character ever. 

Jar Jar was intended to be the villian of the prequels. Lucas likes to write based on mythology, and Jar Jar acting like a fool all the time was just a cover to hide his sith powers. I think that idea was brilliant and would have made the prequels so much better, but Lucas screwed it up big time and rewrote episodes 2 and 3 based on the sheer hatred for Jar Jar. I explained this to PARidge but I dont think he believes this theory.

Nice Mountain Dew tag.

5 minutes ago, enjoralas said:

Just wondering how you got down White Lightning with your poles in one hand and your skis in the other, if you didn't walk?

I think i slid down on my side or something and tried to dig in with my hand or elbow to slow down. After I slid down The Rocket last year I asked the ski shop if they sell an ice pick you can use to slow down on steep hills for when I fall. They thought I was nuts. No I am not making that up, I actually did ask them.

Edited by saltyant
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I think i slid down on my side or something and tried to dig in with my hand or elbow to slow down. After I slid down The Rocket last year I asked the ski shop if they sell an ice pick you can use to slow down on steep hills for when I fall. They thought I was nuts. No I am not making that up, I actually did ask them.

umm....your skis, they have edges. learn to use them.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, saltyant said:

LOL, where would you keep it normally so you can access it quickly during a fall? 

I haven't fallen on anything steep yet, but when I do (and I realize it's when) my plan is to try to get my feet pointed downhill then do whatever I can to arrest movement, like cut in heels, assuming skis are off. At least, that's what instinct tells me; probably should read up on what the proper technique is.

• Like 1