Powder Day 2018 Mega Thread

saltyant

11 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I think i slid down on my side or something and tried to dig in with my hand or elbow to slow down. After I slid down The Rocket last year I asked the ski shop if they sell an ice pick you can use to slow down on steep hills for when I fall. They thought I was nuts. No I am not making that up, I actually did ask them.

When you and Matt Edge ski Verbier I recommend that you invest in an ice axe

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, enjoralas said:

They should make ski boots with integrated crampons. Maybe coming out the sides, since you can't mess with the toe/heel. Could come in handy for protecting your line on those crowded runs too, and handy in the lift lines.

That would come in handy for those steep runs at Camelback.

• Confused 2

18 minutes ago, SallyCat said:

Yo, I know how to use my edges and keep my damn skis on. 

tenor.gif.66aba329a527f883d8384db7f109c6b5.gif

That was just the one time! I've made 669 runs this season and for 668 runs I made it down with skis attached.

Do I need to remove that run and vert from my stats? Or can I keep the part that I skied on (groomed trail that leads into White Lightning)?

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 1

Just now, saltyant said:

That was just the one time! I've made 669 runs this season and on 668 I made it down with skis attached.

Do I need to remove that run and vert from my stats? Or can I keep the part that I skied on (groomed trail that leads into White Lightning)?

LOL, no one gives a shit about your stats, but you can't say you skied White Lightning. :rofl

There's no shame in taking them off if you need to in order to get down the hill safe. That being said, you gotta expect to take some ribbing for it. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, enjoralas said:

I think it was probably the bumps more than the pitch

You got it. It didn't look that severely bumped up from the bottom, but it was by far the most challenging slope I've ever been on so far. Later that day I went to Camelback and practiced skiing ungroomed steeps such as Marjie's and Cliffhanger. It was pretty fun, and the moguls were within my ability level.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, enjoralas said:

LOL, no one gives a shit about your stats, but you can't say you skied White Lightning. :rofl

There's no shame in taking them off if you need to in order to get down the hill safe. That being said, you gotta expect to take some ribbing for it. 

I'll get Judge Judys opinion Monday.  

• 10 months later...
18 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I'm driving to Wilkes Barre tonight to eat the octopus at the Chinese buffet. It's been too long.

How long of a drive is that??   Post a report. Have some soup and rice and chicken and beef and egg roll and dessert as well.  Make it worth your while.  Refill your own drink so you don’t have to tip a dollar. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

How long of a drive is that??   Post a report. Have some soup and rice and chicken and beef and egg roll and dessert as well.  Make it worth your while.  Refill your own drink so you don’t have to tip a dollar. 

Ok. Great idea! I probably should have posted in the food thread. Oops. It's only 35 minutes and I need to buy some clothes anyway in WB. When the servers dont come around to refill I ask the front desk where the filling station is. I prefer to refill my own Mountain Dew.

7 minutes ago, Schif said:

I cannot imagine having the time in any given day to dig deep back in year old powder threads just to post inane things. 

Posted it for Steeze since he likes my Chinese food reports, but like I said it should have been in the food thread so my bad.