Powder Day 2018 Mega Thread

saltyant

Let me try to get this thread back on topic so the mods don't have to change the tags.

Wow! Montage Mountain was so rad on Wednesday. There was so much untracked powder. Since it was snowing in the morning, I got lots of free refills and freshies. In addition, I got free refills of Mountain Dew at the Chinese Buffet. Isn't that cool?

5 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Let me try to get this thread back on topic so the mods don't have to change the tags.

Wow! Montage Mountain was so rad on Wednesday. There was so much untracked powder. Since it was snowing in the morning, I got lots of free refills and freshies. In addition, I got free refills of Mountain Dew at the Chinese Buffet. Isn't that cool?

How many runs of untracked did you get..I'm still surprised you went to Camelback after a full day at montage.  Also how much were lift tickets at montage and what else did you eat at the Chinese buffet besides baby octopussy and white rice???  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

How many runs of untracked did you get..I'm still surprised you went to Camelback after a full day at montage.  Also how much were lift tickets at montage and what else did you eat at the Chinese buffet besides baby octopussy and white rice???  

I got 7-8 decent runs of untracked powder. The funnest run was Upper/Lower Fast Track. Getting up there required two lifts AND an uphill walk from Iron Horse Lift, so there was lots of untracked left. I think it took about 15 minutes to get up there from the bottom, but it was definitely worth it. Fast Track feels isolated from the rest of the resort, sort of like how I imagine back country skiing feels. It was so neat with all the fresh powder. Lift tickets were only $30 and included rentals. I meant to ask if they rent powder skis but I never got around to it.

I went to Camelback so I could practice skiing ungroomed terrain a lot more. I probably got twice as many runs in at Camelback in less time.

I also ate 2 cups of hot and sour soup, each with a different variety of wonton trips; marshmallows; pretzels; a variety of fruit, and sushi. I was pretty full from the first plate (picture now famous) so I took it easy after that.

6 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I got 7-8 decent runs of untracked powder. The funnest run was Upper/Lower Fast Track. Getting up there required two lifts AND an uphill walk from Iron Horse Lift, so there was lots of untracked left. I think it took about 15 minutes to get up there from the bottom, but it was definitely worth it. Fast Track feels isolated from the rest of the resort, sort of like how I imagine back country skiing feels. It was so neat with all the fresh powder. Lift tickets were only $30 and included rentals. I meant to ask if they rent powder skis but I never got around to it.

I went to Camelback so I could practice skiing ungroomed terrain a lot more. I probably got twice as many runs in at Camelback in less time.

I also ate 2 cups of hot and sour soup, each with a different variety of wonton trips; marshmallows; pretzels; a variety of fruit, and sushi. I was pretty full from the first plate (picture now famous) so I took it easy after that.

My friend told me she was at the chocolate fountain at the Golden Corral and she accidently dripped melted chocolate on some black kids head...you can't make that shit up.  Like 5 years ago I actually went to the Golden Corral and it looked dirty and the customers looked like they were just out of prison or the Jerry springer show so I left. 

5 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

My friend told me she was at the chocolate fountain at the Golden Corral and she accidently dripped melted chocolate on some black kids head...you can't make that shit up.  Like 5 years ago I actually went to the Golden Corral and it looked dirty and the customers looked like they were just out of prison or the Jerry springer show so I left. 

Used to do their windows and carpet. Whales line up for opening.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Good thing they weren't running the chocolate foundation on Wednesday.

13 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Salty do you like skiing powder??  Maybe you and Matt Edge can go on a heli skiing trip together someday 

Powder skiing is pretty fun, not as fun as fresh corduroy though.  I'm too cheap for heli skiing, but I'll go if Matt Edge will pay for me.

2 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Yeah I'd room with Salty..I don't think he'd try any funny business on me and doubt he'd hog the blanket

Thanks, but I prefer my own room if possible. I don't share beds with anyone. On a high school band trip, 4 dudes had to share a room with only 2 beds, so slept on the floor.

2 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Nah man. I didn't play the flute. I don't want to say it on here in case people bust on me for it.

Just tell us..we're trying to get Ski2Lives band to play gaper day at Blue and maybe you can play as well. If you don't tell us I'll have to search the dark web for answers 

3 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Just tell us..we're trying to get Ski2Lives band to play gaper day at Blue and maybe you can play as well. If you don't tell us I'll have to search the dark web for answers 

Fine, I played the bassoon. I don't play it anymore. Played guitar for a while but then got bored and quit.