1/20-1/21 weekend roll call thread..

GrilledSteezeSandwich

2 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Starting in the teens tomorrow morning going up into the 40s. Wow everybody enjoy the last morning of winter like conditions for awhile. 

Well it was a nice few days while it lasted. Back to that 50 degree crap. Really hoping Vermont stays cold for when I go to Stowe in 2 weeks. You're fortunate that Jackson Hole's forecast is looking pretty nice.

20 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Well it was a nice few days while it lasted. Back to that 50 degree crap. Really hoping Vermont stays cold for when I go to Stowe in 2 weeks. You're fortunate that Jackson Hole's forecast is looking pretty nice.

Jackson hole is either pow days or bluebird. Not many cloudy days with no snow and rarely gets above freezing except at the base during mid winter. You know what they say about Vermont weather,"if you don't like the weather wait five minutes"

20 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Jackson hole is either pow days or bluebird. Not many cloudy days with no snow and rarely gets above freezing except at the base during mid winter. You know what they say about Vermont weather,"if you don't like the weather wait five minutes"

Never heard that one before. Last year they were calling for rain at Killington, and it ended up doing nothing. Then the next day an unexpected snowstorm came and it was epic!

10 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Never heard that one before. Last year they were calling for rain at Killington, and it ended up doing nothing. Then the next day an unexpected snowstorm came and it was epic!

During your five days skiing you'll probably have a little bit of everything. 

10 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

During your five days skiing you'll probably have a little bit of everything. 

I'm always convinced weather is going to ruin my trips, even though it hasn't yet. When I went out west in September, I thought it would rain a lot. I ended getting blue bird days nearly every single day for 3 weeks.

13 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I'm always convinced weather is going to ruin my trips, even though it hasn't yet. When I went out west in September, I thought it would rain a lot. I ended getting blue bird days nearly every single day for 3 weeks.

Wow you went away for three weeks.  How much vacation time do you get??  You have to be more optimistic 

1 minute ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Where did you stay in Colorado??

Estes Park, Colorado Springs, Durango, Cortez, and Denver. Also went to Monument Valley and Moab in Utah.

Mostly road biked, hiked, and did touristy things. Rocky Mountain National Park is awesome, you can spend an eternity there.

• Thanks 1

Estes Park, Colorado Springs, Durango, Cortez, and Denver. Also went to Monument Valley and Moab in Utah.
Mostly road biked, hiked, and did touristy things. Rocky Mountain National Park is awesome, you can spend an eternity there.

Estes Park and RMNP are awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1