1/20-1/21 weekend roll call thread..

GrilledSteezeSandwich

3 hours ago, theprogram4 said:

rough 24 hours for hip hop.  fredo santana passed away and kodak black is facing decades in prison

Oh Lordy what does that have to do with nightmare to dreamweaver or $36 for four people at the BMDI blue mountain drive in or this.  

IMG_2334.JPG

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

I can't fucking believe I wasted today grading essays for a bunch of the most petulant and obnoxious students I've ever had instead of skiing. . If I could nominate every last one of them to graduate tomorrow I would. Or maybe they could go live on a fucking desert island until June. #$%^&*()_+@.

EDIT: Sorry. Not having a great day. First time in my career I don't enjoy being in the classroom with kids. And when they cut into my fun time, well. Shit just got real. 

Edited by SallyCat
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, SallyCat said:

I can't fucking believe I wasted today grading essays for a bunch of the most petulant and obnoxious students I've ever had instead of skiing. . If I could nominate every last one of them to graduate tomorrow I would. Or maybe they could go live on a fucking desert island until June. #$%^&*()_+@.

I rode up with some race kids today. I'm pretty quiet but by the top I was real tempted to so "you kids sound like complete assholes" 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Shadows said:

I rode up with some race kids today. I'm pretty quiet but by the top I was real tempted to so "you kids sound like complete assholes" 

They have a sense of entitlement. Imagine 12 year olds with multiple ski quivers. I didn't even have my own skis till high school. 

16 minutes ago, SallyCat said:

EDIT: Sorry. Not having a great day. First time in my career I don't enjoy being in the classroom with kids. And when they cut into my fun time, well. Shit just got real. 

Well you did get to ski three days during the week because of your career choice. Or was it four??

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

6 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

They have a sense of entitlement. Imagine 12 year olds with multiple ski quivers. I didn't even have my own skis till high school. 

You should try three months of listening to them whine about college admissions. Oh sorry you might have to go to your second -choice school which is also AMAZING and for which you will not have to be saddled with student loans for the rest of your life. Sorry you have easy access to an incredible education that 70% of Americans can't even conceive of. 

Jaysus. Time to step away from the desk and start drinking. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Sally if you are at Blue tomorrow come to the lot 1030-11ish for sausage Sunday. Enjorales will be on the grill and NMSki will be there with great beer. I have like 7-8 beers left as well so you only need to bring yourself. 

Thank you, I will. And I will be in much better spirits!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, SallyCat said:

You should try three months of listening to them whine about college admissions. Oh sorry you might have to go to your second -choice school which is also AMAZING and for which you will not have to be saddled with student loans for the rest of your life. Sorry you have easy access to an incredible education that 70% of Americans can't even conceive of. 

Jaysus. Time to step away from the desk and start drinking. 

I went to the university of Vermont. It was my first choice, it's where I wanted to go and I applied early admissions and got accepted in December.  First year I was with a lot of private school darshes who said UVM was their safety school and like 1/4 of them failed out their first year because they indulged in recreational drugs and alcohol too much and barely went to class..

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Sally if you are at Blue tomorrow come to the lot 1030-11ish for sausage Sunday. Enjorales will be on the grill and NMSki will be there with great beer. I have like 7-8 beers left as well so you only need to bring yourself. 

Or earlier depending on crowds and snow. 10:30 is a reasonable estimate, though. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I went to the university of Vermont. It was my first choice, it's where I wanted to go and I applied early admissions and got accepted in December.  First year I was with a lot of private school darshes who said UVM was their safety school and like 1/4 of them failed out their first year because they indulged in recreational drugs and alcohol too much and barely went to class..

Hey, good for you; that's no small thing. I'm way older than you, but even back in the 1980s, UVM was considered a "public ivy" and was very selective for students from out of state. I spent some time in Burlington because my Vermont cousin went there and we were good friends. I saw Phish play at Nectars and had some amazing gravy fries. 

EDIT: The dorm scene was pretty crazy , though. And I went to Syracuse, which wasn't exactly tame, either. But UVM: wow.

Edited by SallyCat
  • Haha 1