1/20-1/21 weekend roll call thread..

GrilledSteezeSandwich

21 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Can't get a Blue pass until I test drive it on a peak weekend. $57 is way too much for me. Maybe there will be bargain day or something one of these weekends..

Uh no. I'm too cool for dancing. Dancing is for nerds.

We have a thing called a VIP line which keeps liftlines to about two minutes on peak weekends for season passholders. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

We have a thing called a VIP line which keeps liftlines to about two minutes on peak weekends for season passholders. 

I know, but I have a routine at Camelback now. I park in the same spot every day at 7:25, walk the same way to Sullivan Lift, talk to the same dude, and ski the same trails in the same order. It's hard for me to break such an established routine and commit to something new without even giving it a try first.

Edited by saltyant

31 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Can't get a Blue pass until I test drive it on a peak weekend. $57 is way too much for me. Maybe there will be bargain day or something one of these weekends..

Dude. When they offer next year's pass in February and you don't buy it, the trash talk you received over your 170 RTMs will seem like sweet talk whispered in your ear by a beautiful lover compared to the firehose of absolute filth that will rain down on you for your terrible, terrible decision. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, SallyCat said:

Dude. When they offer next year's pass in February and you don't buy it, the trash talk you received over your 170 RTMs will seem like sweet talk whispered in your ear by a beautiful lover compared to the firehose of absolute filth that will rain down on you for your terrible, terrible decision. 

The trash talk is the best part of this forum. Without the trash talk I would get bored and move on to Teton Gravity forum

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I know, but I have a routine at Camelback now. I park in the same spot every day at 7:25, walk the same way to Sullivan Lift, talk to the same dude, and ski the same trails in the same order. It's hard for me to break such an established routine and commit to something new without even giving it a try first.

Then get a Camelback pass and miss out on all the PASR fun at blue mountain.  Being stubborn isn't always beneficial. 

1 minute ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Salty you have to be exciting for the ladies. No girl is gonna want only missionary 

I can't imagine Salty asking a woman out until he's met and evaluated the 3.5 other billion women in the world and analyzed their relative merits.

(I'm only kidding, Salty!)

• Thanks 1

I'd get a pass to Camel if I were Salty. He can get their anytime pass for like $399 for one more year as a sub 30 year old and it's just as close to him as Blue. Plus he likes it there. It's a no brainer for him really. In his shoes i'd probably either switch to Blue or get no pass starting next year when I couldn't get the cheap one anymore.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

It should be "dancing with myself" only replace the "dancing" with "skiing". Cause that's what you'll be doing at Camelback.

Just realized that's a Billy Idol song. Literally the only Billy Idol song I know is White Wedding from Grand Theft Auto.

I'm going to download this song to my Spotify and play it tomorrow when I'm skiing Cliffhanger with myself. Thanks!

Edited by saltyant

31 minutes ago, enjoralas said:

I'd get a pass to Camel if I were Salty. He can get their anytime pass for like $399 for one more year as a sub 30 year old and it's just as close to him as Blue. Plus he likes it there. It's a no brainer for him really. In his shoes i'd probably either switch to Blue or get no pass starting next year when I couldn't get the cheap one anymore.

Unfortunately for him he likes hanging out more than just pure skiing. So CB while being financially enticing is a losing choice because he'll have nobody to ski with on a regular basis. I bet he'll get a BM pass in the end.

2 hours ago, saltyant said:

Just understand that even if someone pities you with a buddy pass or you get a deal on a weekend day, you won't be eligible to use the VIP lines, so won't have that experience to guage by. Those lines keep the liftlines tolerable MUCH longer on a busy day.

4 hours ago, saltyant said:

The trash talk is the best part of this forum. Without the trash talk I would get bored and move on to Teton Gravity forum

The Teton gravity mags would love you. They'd probably give you the top bunk at super sessions 69 in Revelstoke..

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Confused 1