1/20/18..Saturday..nice snow and a lot of PASRs!!!

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Hey All,

I'm back from another fun day at Blue mountain the true mountain. I arrived at the lower lot at 7:25am and the temperature was in the lower 20s but about ten degrees higher up high.  In the house were JFDan, Atomic Jeff, Shadows, Toast, Ryan, Nastar Glenn, MBike Mike, Johnny Law, Bethlehem ford guy, Indiggio, Enjorales, Enjorales dad and many others.  

Razors was closed for racing so first run was challenge which was nice groomed but lipstick on a pig conditions i.e. Small cookies below cord.  Nightmare to dreamweaver was a much better carpet and skied repeats on that and sidewinder was very good early on. 

Both Switchback and Main Street were very nice early on as well. Nightmare to dreamweaver wasn't that busy so that was lapped a few times and the hard right turn on lazy mile was nice enough for a repeat. Was nice and comfortable in the parking lot drinking beer and then went to the BMDI with JLaw, Enjorales and Enjorales dad and had a combination of breakfast and lunch food and drinks and was $36 total for 6 people.  Temperatures warmed into the low 40s.  Im sure by now it's spring conditions but should be fast snow again tomorrow morning aka sausage Sunday. I'll see everybody out there tomorrow plus Root, TP4 and Matt Edge!!!!  JADIP..day 30 for me today. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I got there at 815. Skied till 12. Left. Too crowded for my blood. 

First time at blue in over 2 years (I think) and gotta say the conditions were excellent as well as the grooming. Park setup was fun, just a bitch to have both parks separate. If you could hit come around from off the 6 pack (without having to ski uphill) it wouldn’t be too bad. Overall can’t complain. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Bumps started out pretty solid, so just ran the various trails until about 10:30 or so when the temps finally started coming up from the South wind blowing.

Snow turned hero and the troughs softened up from boiler to skiable.
We spent the rest of the day lapping Barney's and trying to avoid all the crazies that were out today.
Witnessed a number of collisions on various trails today.

Wow did it get crowded.  Thanks Blue for the VIP lines!

• Thanks 1