TR 1/20/2018 - Subaru Swag

guitar73

had a nice day with all my fellow subaru owners at jack frost. today was subaru's winterfest and all the ppl decided to show up for the festivities. parking was crazy and so was the lodge, but the slopes weren't too bad. snow conditions were pretty good and coverage in the glades was also generally decent. jf blew more snow after last week's storm, but the quality of snow that was blown wasn't the best. the man-made snow was a bit wet and sticky, which was unfortunate. bumps on exhibition and happy glades were nice. towards the end of the day the exhibition bumps got a bit scrapped, but nothing too bad. one park was nice....i made sure to hit a few features on the way down.

it was a jerry-sighting bonanaza: loads of teletubbies, ski jeans, eagles jerseys, etc. could be seen everywhere. also, lots of ppl skiing with mad technical packs and such: i guess that's needed at jackson frost, lol. one girl had this backpack, and it was seriously too big for her to have one while attempting to ride the lift. she fell off the chair at the bottom, so the lifties had to stop the lift so she could get back on....and then she fell off the lift at the top, and the lift almost hit her on the head. womp womp.

subaru did a nice job with their swag area. they had a stage flanked by two trendy tiny houses, forming an outdoor courtyard with two fire pits and adirondack chairs and such. at 2pm a 90's cover band took the stage. the played quite the gambit of songs....rock, hip-hop, pop, etc. they were just OK. it kinda made me feel a little old to hear the kids out there getting all excited about the band playing "90's music".  oh well.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, eaf said:

So, what's this event for anyway? I've caught a glimpse of it once. Subarus on the snow, some tents, and surprisingly not overwhelming crowds. Did you take advantage of anything, or just went out and skied?

short answer: to sell more subarus, and to provide current subaru owners with a little something special.

yes, i took advantage of all the free (to subaru owners) swag, free snacks, etc.

9 minutes ago, guitar73 said:

short answer: to sell more subarus, and to provide current subaru owners with a little something special.

yes, i took advantage of all the free (to subaru owners) swag, free snacks, etc.

Demos too? And hold on, is this free only to Subaru owners?? That's gonna suck, 'cause I'm not.