1/21..Sausage Sunday!!!

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Hey All,

I'm back from a fun day at Blue mountain the true mountain.  When I arrived at the lower lot at 725am it was 26 degrees. In the house were JFDan, Atomic Jeff, Toast, Root, MBIke Mike, Indiggio, Slim, Tarponhead, Barb Green, SallyCat, Matt Edge, Enjorales, Enjorales Dad, NMSki, Johnny Law and many others.  Razors was closed for racers and apparently widowmaker was half width for race training.  

First run was on challenge..I was ok but a bit of lipstick on a pig with cord giving way to mad sweet and lower sugar.  Nightmare to dreamweaver was good initially but got spicy.  Sidewinder was ok except that it's wildly popular and one run there were like 30 people starting on Sidewinder at the same time.  Switchback was pretty good as was upper Main Street..lower Main Street was pretty rough..the bumps on barneys were kind of slick early I'm sure they've softened by now.  Lazy mile was pretty nice and definitely crazy mile. 

The parking lot was fun JFDan and Enjorales brought multiple varieties of sausage as well as chicken, beer and pool tenderloin..was really fun parking lot chilled with some sunshine and temperatures in the 40s.  SallyCat hungout with us for awhile and seemed to enjoy the PASR vibe and Barbara green was sort of hanging in the background and said there have been complaints about tailgating..and then we all had a nice discussion with her.barbara is great!!!  All in all a fun springinh sausage Sunday. I likely won't be back at Blue until a week from Saturday...JADIP just another day in paradise. 

After parking lot beers I went back out and the conditions were absolutely fantastic. Grippy spring snow. Main street was wonderful. All of the cookies that were once there softened up and it was like skiing spring groomers again. 10x better than the opening groomers. great day. 

Beer selection in the lot continues to be impressive. 

4 minutes ago, mbike-ski said:

Fun morning, great grilling and beer, would’ve liked to hang out longer. Did barb g really stop by and comment on the tailgating?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes she was lurking where Atomic Jeff usually parks and then spoke to us for about ten minutes.  Apparently they've received some complaints about tailgating so she was going around and talking to the different groups.  One solution is to make an area way in the overflow lot for tailgating with picnic benches and fire pits and they'd run that little golf cart shuttle back and forth for us.  I'm not making this up.  

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Shadows said:

She is super nice. Very approachable.

Yes, she is.  My hope is that conversation will be the end of it.  She was going around to the usual groups, it appeared.  She said they received a few complaints from families about the tailgating (well, alcohol).  I guess I shouldn't have offered her a beer?  :)  

I said we'll park in the back if she throws in free season passes.  She laughed and had a pretty funny response.  I asked her if the families were from New Jersey.  Everyone had a good laugh.  The topic quickly changed from tailgating (which she said she loved doing with her family) to skier visits.

Perhaps we should switch to solo cops.

• Like 1

I wonder what the complaints looked like. She mentioned solo cups being the complaint i think? Idk. Parents dont want their kids to see? 
anyway. Great to see her out there. 

If kids aren’t supposed to see people drinking alcohol then my kids will be super fucked up!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

47 minutes ago, AtomicSkier said:

Yes, she is.  My hope is that conversation will be the end of it.  She was going around to the usual groups, it appeared.  She said they received a few complaints from families about the tailgating (well, alcohol).  I guess I shouldn't have offered her a beer?  :)  

I said we'll park in the back if she throws in free season passes.  She laughed and had a pretty funny response.  I asked her if the families were from New Jersey.  Everyone had a good laugh.  The topic quickly changed from tailgating (which she said she loved doing with her family) to skier visits.

Perhaps we should switch to solo cops.

I'm glad I didn't ask her to put my sausage in her mouth.

• Haha 1

I'm wondering what the complaints are as well?

Bumps finally did soften up as the morning progressed and when the sun finally came out, they turned great.
They need to be mowed down and reset as there was some troughs that were getting close to the dirt and this week's weather isn't going to help at all.

Tailgating? This is what people complain about?? There are a lot bigger things to complain about than fucking tailgating which is harmless. If the tourists are concerned about getting a good spot then they should get there early. If they're upset about alcohol then the lot is the least of your problems. The trail of trash under each lift is a more viable concern.

Sorry I missed Barb. Eaf will tell you that we're all in some sort of Blue cult but it's ownership like hers that makes Blue another reason for being a loyal blue passholder. I've been around PA skiing a long time and most owners aren't walking out to the lot and talking to the people like that. Blue's customer service is top tier 100% of the time.

• Like 3

Forgot to mention that we saw a full, head-on collision between a power wedge Jerry screaming straight down Chute and a person making big safety turns across Main Street.

The collision was enough to send both sets of skis and poles flying.  Luckily neither appeared to be injured very badly, but from the sound of the collision, I'm sure both will have some bruises.

They need to bump up Chute to keep people who don't belong on that trail from flying down it and cutting straight across Main at high speed.   Expert signs just don't work with Jerries.

Edited by indiggio