1/21..Sausage Sunday!!!

GrilledSteezeSandwich

9 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I wonder when they're gonna start bumping up challenge and nightmare. 

Rumor is that they were (maybe still are) having trouble with the guns at the top of Challenge, so coverage there is pretty thin, so if they'd put bumps on it, the troughs would be down to the dirt in no time.   Haven't heard anything about Nightmare bump plans.

I had a fun and slightly scary moment on the getting on the lift yesterday.  We had 6, but we were in the corral kinda funny.  3 PASR's were on my left, I was in the #4 seat, with Enjoralas and dad on my right taking #5 & 6  So the chair comes around and  we move out to load.  Enjoralas and dad were a little slow, and a snowboarder saw an opportunity to make it one chair quicker.  Only, he didn't move over to open spots 5 & 6, but sat down in position 4.  I hear Enjoralas start yelling "Root Root Root" and I look over my shoulder and see a snowboarder sitting in my spot.  He realizes he's about to get crushed by 230 pounds of Root's ass, when he tries to slide over (unsuccessfully, of course).  

I think he hooked an edge of his snowboard, but the next thing you know, he was getting sucked off the front end of the chair like a USB cord going into a vacuum cleaner.  At one point, he was laying perpendicular across the front of my skis and I thought that this may not end well.  He eventually got off my skis and ran over by the chair before they stopped the lift.  I was laughing hysterically.  I'm still laughing about this.    Enjoralas and dad let him ride up alone.  Good call.  When he got to the top, he crashed getting off the lift.  What a fucking Jerry.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, RootDKJ said:

I thought that the lift might just push him right off the platform into the drink, but then he disappeared under it.  Better luck next time :o

A similar thing happened to me at Camelback. I lined up correctly at the load here line, and a young kid sat in my spot. I was half on the lift and they shut it down so I only fell a few feet. Since it was a young kid who didn't know any better it was understandable, but from now on I make sure I'm lined up with the person next to me in line, and keep looking over my shoulder for sleepers who are going to take my spot.