Ikon Pass

toast21602

2 minutes ago, tarponhead said:

Would have to price it right, looks like max pass has a stronger roster.

Sure. Details aren't out yet about price, amount of visits per resort, etc. Depending on where you normally ski, or do multiple trips out west this could be a no brainer. Like Jeff going to Jackson and Aspen.

Just something to keep in mind and keep an eye on once details are released.

Edited by toast21602
  • Like 2

Telluride just got EPIC. Wow, shit ‘s getting real. In the press release they said they are glad to be adding this “iconic” resort. Hehe.  Can’t wait for details to emerge on the Ikon Pass. Crested Butte not on either as of now. 

Edited by Barb
  • Like 1

Just now, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

We were discussing last night how awesome it would be if somewhere like Vail bought blue mountain. For a little bit more money maybe $800 total could have a pass that included many other resorts in the east and the west.  Only downside would probably be pay parking. 

That would definitely make things interesting. I don't think that would happen, though. Even though Blue is pretty big, it is still pretty back-woods the way it is staffed and managed. Plus, it has been in the family for a bit and Barb wants to make it even more successful. I think that if times would start to get tough, she would consider selling. Or make it great and make a nice chunk of change from the sale. 

1 minute ago, toast21602 said:

That would definitely make things interesting. I don't think that would happen, though. Even though Blue is pretty big, it is still pretty back-woods the way it is staffed and managed. Plus, it has been in the family for a bit and Barb wants to make it even more successful. I think that if times would start to get tough, she would consider selling. Or make it great and make a nice chunk of change from the sale. 

It's not backwoods in terms of infrastructure and location and annual skier visits. Does Barb have kids who could take over Blue one day??  

In the Crested Butte newspaper this morning there was an article about them being dropped from a multi mountain pass. The spokesperson was being very tight lipped and said they were exploring options. I hope they pull something off.  The article went on to say that front range skier visits were up the last few years they were on the RMSP. If they are a stand alone resort, unless you live close by it is hard to justify a pass there. With all the choices on the multi mountain passes it is hard to justify a single mountain pass anywhere really. 

We were discussing last night how awesome it would be if somewhere like Vail bought blue mountain. For a little bit more money maybe $800 total could have a pass that included many other resorts in the east and the west.  Only downside would probably be pay parking. 

Yeah and the first thing they would do is get rid of the VIP line. Just awesome
  • Like 1