Ikon Pass

toast21602

Definitely going to get this pass next year. Pretty excited about it. It will force me to revisit NE which I haven’t been to in years. If I could get in two trips out west that would be great. At least one where I can hit multiple places, or five days at one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

who was I running my mouth towards?

Root...and I run my mouth at people all the time.  Had an argument recently at the bar with somebody who doesn't like Donald trump and he's getting like $40 extra a paycheck due to his tax decrease and he wants to pay more taxes to help poors. 

1 minute ago, toast21602 said:

Definitely going to get this pass next year. Pretty excited about it. It will force me to revisit NE which I haven’t been to in years. If I could get in two trips out west that would be great. At least one where I can hit multiple places, or five days at one.

What's NE??

Root...and I run my mouth at people all the time.  Had an argument recently at the bar with somebody who doesn't like Donald trump and he's getting like $40 extra a paycheck due to his tax decrease and he wants to pay more taxes to help poors. 

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Fair enough, Doug and root are right. I'm a piece of shit who deserved this injury. 

Anyway, big shout out to shadows, barb, toast, nmski, mbikeski, ant man, Sally, ridge, and anyone I forgot (my apologies).  The good vibes you guys sent me means a lot and legit uplifted my spirits 

Edited by theprogram4
  • Like 5
  • Confused 1

Well, JFK wouldn't be the preferred airport for me either. As for lodging, I'm looking at $100/night right near the lift in Mammoth (like Mammoth Mountain Inn) vs $200-300/night at Snowbird. But yeah, once you cross into SLC itself, bargains start popping up.

If slopeside isn't a necessity look at Midvale or cottonwood heights. Close to LCC and BCC with plenty of ski shuttle stops. The Crystal Inn is nice, affordable and has a shuttle stop right out front. Only downside is distance from Ogden (as Toast alluded to) in the event you were looking to ski the areas out there. But if you're looking to ski the resorts on the ikon its a good option.
  • Like 1

If slopeside isn't a necessity look at Midvale or cottonwood heights. Close to LCC and BCC with plenty of ski shuttle stops. The Crystal Inn is nice, affordable and has a shuttle stop right out front. Only downside is distance from Ogden (as Toast alluded to) in the event you were looking to ski the areas out there. But if you're looking to ski the resorts on the ikon its a good option.

Utah next year??

1 minute ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

You should go next week when you have your spring break. 

The idea is to use the pass, not just go out of the blue. W/o pass going with just window rates anywhere in the US is a suicide.

But I kinda like the idea of going to Mammoth late spring this year. Especially since the weather is so lousy here. Just need to squeeze out a week off work. Damn, it's either skiing sooner or camping later.

Just now, eaf said:

The idea is to use the pass, not just go out of the blue. W/o pass going with just window rates anywhere in the US is a suicide.

But I kinda like the idea of going to Mammoth late spring this year. Especially since the weather is so lousy here. Just need to squeeze out a week off work. Damn, it's either skiing sooner or camping later.

The next week comment was directed at Toast who has a week off work. 

Just now, eaf said:

Very rare to pay window rates even mid season..there are some great lift/lodge/airfare deals.  The boys who went to JH got $200 flight credits from Jackson hole central reservations.  If you go to Colorado, Barb can hook you up with buddy passes for winter park or copper mountain which is like 40% off.  

7 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Very rare to pay window rates even mid season..there are some great lift/lodge/airfare deals.  The boys who went to JH got $200 flight credits from Jackson hole central reservations.  If you go to Colorado, Barb can hook you up with buddy passes for winter park or copper mountain which is like 40% off.  

Happy to share my passes, but next year it will only be 25% off. Eaf are you looking at trips this season or next?

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Eaf I think you'd like Aspen..

IMG_2745.GIF

I'm gonna be there 05/06-05/11. Too bad the snow will be gone by then :(

Seriously though, I've hiked many times up the mountain from Aspen in late May, that place didn't look too exciting. Saw quite a few terrifying tree trails, have never been to Snowmass, was just too late to see it. But either way, the Aspen is a celebrity skiing area, like Courchevel with all the $$ drawbacks, is it not?

Just now, eaf said:

I'm gonna be there 05/06-05/11. Too bad the snow will be gone by then :(

Seriously though, I've hiked many times up the mountain from Aspen in late May, that place didn't look too exciting. Saw quite a few terrifying tree trails, have never been to Snowmass, was just too late to see it. But either way, the Aspen is a celebrity skiing area, like Courchevel with all the $$ drawbacks, is it not?

Aspen has been open weekends only in May before..even June one year I believe. Would just be Aspen mountain Ajax. What is bringing you to Aspen in may?  It will likely just be Abasin open in Colorado then. 

Aspen doesn't have the sustained steeps as Jackson hole but doesn't have the powder hounds as well.  I thought you were big into bumps and tree skiing and Aspen is a groomer skiers paradise.  Highlands has the most expert terrain, snowmass the most intermediate and is the largest and Aspen mountain is short steeps and pretty narrow and small under 1,000 acres. 

As for the $$$$ for a tourist lodging is a bit more expensive and things like food and lift tickets are similar to major western resorts.  When I was there I stayed at Johnny styles house near the campground area of snowmass. It completely dumped. 

This is view from my room and the deck. 

IMG_2746.PNG

IMG_2747.PNG

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

3 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Aspen has been open weekends only in May before..even June one year I believe. Would just be Aspen mountain Ajax. What is bringing you to Aspen in may?  It will likely just be Abasin open in Colorado then. 

Business trip. I love the place. Takes me a couple of days to acclimatize to the altitude. But people there, they're like robots. Pass me with a smile on a trail up w/o ever looking out of breath.

Just now, eaf said:

Business trip. I love the place. Takes me a couple of days to acclimatize to the altitude. But people there, they're like robots. Pass me with a smile on a trail up w/o ever looking out of breath.

A reason I like Jackson hole is the relatively low altitude. I have suffered from altitude sickness in Aspen and summit county.