Ikon Pass

toast21602

39 minutes ago, Barb said:

Happy to share my passes, but next year it will only be 25% off. Eaf are you looking at trips this season or next?

I appreciate the offer. I'm trying to do something this spring, however if I do come, it's gonna be for a week and probably with a company, so charging the trip to the pass would really be ideal. And I just checked the closing dates of all CO resorts, they'll all be closed by 05/06, just when I could steal a day between other things.

6 minutes ago, eaf said:

I appreciate the offer. I'm trying to do something this spring, however if I do come, it's gonna be for a week and probably with a company, so charging the trip to the pass would really be ideal. And I just checked the closing dates of all CO resorts, they'll all be closed by 05/06, just when I could steal a day between other things.

Abasin will be open 

Just now, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Eaf is like my fourth favorite Hall and Oates song,"Out of Touch"

Lol. I actually met John Oates once. He rented a car from me when I worked at an airport rental counter in college. We chatted a bit during the paperwork, etc.. He was super nice and surprisingly short!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Eaf is like my fourth favorite Hall and Oates song,"Out of Touch"

Can't relate. But I already told you, I've never skied west before. Might as well try. That will throw a trip to Switzerland down the drain for sure, but between a single big over-planned trip and a bunch of smaller ad-hoc ones, the smaller ones may as well be the winner.

Can't relate. But I already told you, I've never skied west before. Might as well try. That will throw a trip to Switzerland down the drain for sure, but between a single big over-planned trip and a bunch of smaller ad-hoc ones, the smaller ones may as well be the winner.

They should be. You need to ski out west.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, SallyCat said:

Lol. I actually met John Oates once. He rented a car from me when I worked at an airport rental counter in college. We chatted a bit during the paperwork, etc.. He was super nice and surprisingly short!

I always assumed he was short. Did you know Billy Joel is only 5'5?  Chevy chase is one of the few celebrities I've seen and he's super tall.  John Oates spends a lot of his time skiing Aspen according to Johnny style. 

• Like 1

Switzerland... Shmitzerland. Get your ass to the Rockies!

In all seriousness Switzerland is so on my list of places to see... Probably #1. I'm mad jealous of Salty
  • Like 1

While reading Indiggios Big Sky report, he stated that with his Max pass, he needs to get a one day lift ticket each day as opposed to getting a multi day lift ticket once.  I just emailed the Ikon pass contact link to see if it's the same thing.  That would be a deal breaker for me.  On a seven day Jackson hole trip, I'm not waiting in line for tickets 7 times...on Perder days that could cause me some serious aggravation as the ticket office doesn't open until 8am and often has a long line.  

23 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

While reading Indiggios Big Sky report, he stated that with his Max pass, he needs to get a one day lift ticket each day as opposed to getting a multi day lift ticket once.  I just emailed the Ikon pass contact link to see if it's the same thing.  That would be a deal breaker for me.  On a seven day Jackson hole trip, I'm not waiting in line for tickets 7 times...on Perder days that could cause me some serious aggravation as the ticket office doesn't open until 8am and often has a long line.  

If they don't respond quickly, ask on their Facebook page. They answered my question fairly quickly.

• Thanks 1

On 2/26/2018 at 10:02 AM, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Did you ever hear back about this? Passes go on sale today.

I'm not getting the Ikon pass.  I'll likely spend more than the Ikon pass at Ikon pass resorts next season but really don't want to spend anymore money ahead of time for next ski season. If I end up spending a couple hundred more next season on lift tickets out west, so be it. Also been some talk of doing Revelstoke next year instead of Jackson hole which would make the Ikon pass not worth it...