Spring mountain 1/25/18

theprogram4

TR:

Rode Blue from 8:30-11:30 and conditions were great and it was a beautiful.  It was probably my best feeling day of the season so i had a Spring Mountain night session as a possibility.  However, i was working on 3 hours of sleep so I wasnt sure if I would go, but i knew taking a nap would kill any chance of going to spring so i chilled all afternoon fighting sleep.  At 4:45 I decided to pull the trigger and go to spring.  spring is about 20-25 mintues from my house.  however, thanks to rush hour traffic, it took me 54 minutes to get there.  it was an awful commute and i was pretty angry lol.  Got there and the place was packed.  Took the lift up to the top of Peak 1.  Peak 1 has 2 trails...1 top to bottom and 1 bunny trail.  The top of Peak 1 has the biggest steep of the resort, however all night long they had a shit ton of lesson groups going down it which sucked.  Since peak 1 was full of beginners I spent most of the time on Peak 2.  Peak 2 has 3 runs.  The first run has connectors to/from Peak 1 to 2, but it can be a great woodsy run from top to bottom.  next to that is a top to bottom which was fun, but a little flatter than i remember and alot of lessons on there.  the next run is the park, which was the only place to go to escape lessons and beginners.  they had 5 jibs and 1.5 jumps.  overall it was a very fun time and im glad i went.  spring mountain reminds me of my high school night sessions at bear.  spring is just weird to me cause its a ski mountain in the middle of the philly suburbs lol.  bear creek is back in the woods in the middle of nowhere, so you kind of feel its an appropriate area for a resort.  spring is like driving through the middle of the suburbs, and all of the sudden there is a resort randomly there.

my biggest issue was due to the crowds, i couldnt really open it up and haul ass half the time due to all the beginners and lessons.  the park was the only trail where it was consistenly safe to ride at high speeds.

I always thought about hitting spring after work but from where I am at 202/ route 1 intersection it would probably take forever to get there. 

When I go to bear on Tuesday nights I leave at 430 and get there around 6. Route 100 can suck ass at that time of day. 

Just now, Kyle said:

I always thought about hitting spring after work but from where I am at 202/ route 1 intersection it would probably take forever to get there. 

When I go to bear on Tuesday nights I leave at 430 and get there around 6. Route 100 can suck ass at that time of day. 

do you have to take 202 to 100 in West Chester/Exton and go all the way up 100?  because that sounds awful

1 hour ago, theprogram4 said:

do you have to take 202 to 100 in West Chester/Exton and go all the way up 100?  because that sounds awful

Yup. 202 to 100, only way to go that makes sense and isn’t driving drastically out of the way. 

3 hours ago, theprogram4 said:

lol at the mods going into my stats and changing them without telling me.  so pathetic and petty lol.   luckily they are now correct.  

Don't feel bad, they change my tags all the time. I'm only permitted one rad tag, which still remains on my first Camelback TR (for now). But Steeze is allowed unlimited rad tags. I guess because he's so rad.

Edited by saltyant

2 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Don't feel bad, they change my tags all the time. I'm only permitted one rad tag, which still remains on my first Camelback TR (for now). But Steeze is allowed unlimited rad tags. I guess because he's so rad.

imagine going all the way out to Jackson Hole wyoming with almost 2 feet of fresh snow since you landed...just to be worried about my stats.  fucking pathetic

• Like 1