Hey Salty..

7 minutes ago, SallyCat said:

If you got a "wax and sharpen", they didn't likely do anything to your bases other than brush them out and wax them; hopefully you got a hand wax at that price. Even so, that's still a crazy amount of $. Sounds like maybe they're not such good people...

IMG_2495.JPG

37 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Mountain creek is not on the way to Vermont coming from hazleton.  Your elons took two hours to tune up??  I thought you only bought them last season.   You could likely get a quick wax and sharpen at Stowe for about $15-20

Last year on Interstate 84 eastbound I saw a large ski resort to the right, off in the distance. I didn't know what it was at the time but I'm pretty sure it's Mountain Creek. I'm fine paying $15-$20 but I'm not paying $52 again.

35 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Wow the RTMs were regularly $900???  

Yeah they are amazing so I'm not sure why you're surprised. I would pay at least double that price for them.

1 minute ago, poconoceancity said:

Is blue closer?

They're equidistant. Camelback is a much easier drive because I can just set cruise control on Interstate 80 the whole way. Blue I actually have to put more effort into shifting, stopping and going, and navigating mountainous roads like Route 93 over the Broad Mountain.

2 hours ago, SallyCat said:

I paid $900 for RTMs recently and I love the skis , but dang the price left a mark. I'm not eager to give Volkl more money.

Ahhh you'll probably have them for 3-4 years. Shit I bought atomic jeffs old mantras a couple years ago for $200 and my shiros with bindings were about $500 and that's been it for ski purchases for like 3-4 years but next season I'll need new pow skis and new groomer skis.  

2 hours ago, momskeeztoo said:

It would be a much easier drive for me to go to Camelback. I don't like the long run outs there. Like the vibe at Blue better, lower lodge is so great and laid back. 

There are no runs like paradise, nightmare-dream weaver, Razors edge or switchback at Camelback.  

Lower lodge is great its its such a nothing and flat walk to your car..

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

There are no runs like paradise, nightmare-dream weaver, Razors edge or switchback at Camelback. 

Lower lodge is great its its such a nothing and flat walk to your car..

Nile Mile is essentially the same thing as Paradise and is just about as much vert. Cliffhanger is similar to Razors Edge/Challenge but has a slightly longer run out.

You can park right by the Stevenson Lift and walk 25 feet and then ski to the lift.

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Nile Mile is essentially the same thing as Paradise and is just about as much vert. Cliffhanger is similar to Razors Edge/Challenge but has a slightly longer run out.

You can park right by the Stevenson Lift and walk 25 feet and then ski to the lift.

Nile mile is slower and flatter than paradise and not as long..if cliffhanger was equal to Razors they'd host collegiate giant slalom races on it.  It's not even close to Razors..

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Nile mile is slower and flatter than paradise and not as long..if cliffhanger was equal to Razors they'd host collegiate giant slalom races on it.  It's not even close to Razors..

Ok, but they look pretty similar and I think the difference is like 200 feet or something, but I don't have Google Earth installed to verify length and vert. But personally I like both runs and am equally happy doing either.

image.png.21106277623eaaf894058385cb440281.png

To me the main things Blue has on CB are more trees and bumps. Main thing CB has on Blue is easier to avoid lines. Also generally find a friendlier vibe at CB.

I agree Nile is pretty much like Paradise (minus ski slow warnings) and Cliffhanger like Razor/Challenge (though I prefer thst it curves a bit instead of being a straight shot, and don't miss the longer runout at Blue).

I believe the headwall on Hump/Asp/Rocket/Marge are actually steeper than Cliffhanger, as well as narrower. But the steep doesn't last as long.

• Like 1