Hey All,

I'm back from a fun morning session at Blue mountain the true mountain.  I arrived at the lower lot around 725AM and the temperature was around 10 degrees with light winds.  In the house were Atomic Jeff, JFDan, MBike Mike, Nastar glenn, Toast, The RealKT, Justo, GSSucks, Ryan, Tarponhead, Indiggio and about 6,000 others.  

I ended up on the second civilian 6-pack and first run was on challenge which was a carpet..fastish snow..after Jackson hole I wanted to go about 15mph faster but just not enough pitch..but I did make about two and a half turns.  Razors was closed for racers and nightmare to dreamweaver was closed for some sort of bordercross/skiercross race. As much as it was sad not to ski NMDW it's just about never closed so ended up skiing lazy mile, switchback and Main Street a little more.  All were between ok and real nice.  

Some new snow in barneys bumps only skied them once a few shiny spots but mostly chalky.  With nightmare-dreamweaver closed paradise was super crowded only skied it once.  Had a couple perpetual IPAs and some pretzel nuggets thanks to JFDan and still too cold to be gloveless in the lot.  I haven't even checked the weather for tomorrow but I'm hoping there's some snow and if the new snow doesn't come till later it might make for a much longer session to ski..anybody skiing tomorrow?  I was thinking Root was gonna be at Blue today but didn't see him. Maybe Matt Edge will be out tomorrow and TP4 and Schifdawg..JADIP

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

9 minutes ago, Shadows said:

ive come to the conclusion i dont like skiing if its lower than 20 degrees.

Honestly if it weren't for Hotronics and this thing, http://www.facesavermask.com/   I wouldn't either. The Face Saver mask doesn't look like much, but it's a game changer. No goggle fogging and no 'clava getting soaking wet from condensation. And it's like $16 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Hey All,

I'm back from a fun morning session at Blue mountain the true mountain.  I arrived at the lower lot around 725AM and the temperature was around 10 degrees with light winds.  In the house were Atomic Jeff, JFDan, MBike Mike, Nastar glenn, Toast, The RealKT, Justo, GSSucks, Ryan, Tarponhead, Indiggio and about 6,000 others.  

I ended up on the second civilian 6-pack and first run was on challenge which was a carpet..fastish snow..after Jackson hole I wanted to go about 15mph faster but just not enough pitch..but I did make about two and a half turns.  Razors was closed for racers and nightmare to dreamweaver was closed for some sort of bordercross/skiercross race. As much as it was sad not to ski NMDW it's just about never closed so ended up skiing lazy mile, switchback and Main Street a little more.  All were between ok and real nice.  

Some new snow in barneys bumps only skied them once a few shiny spots but mostly chalky.  With nightmare-dreamweaver closed paradise was super crowded only skied it once.  Had a couple perpetual IPAs and some pretzel nuggets thanks to JFDan and still too cold to be gloveless in the lot.  I haven't even checked the weather for tomorrow but I'm hoping there's some snow and if the new snow doesn't come till later it might make for a much longer session to ski..anybody skiing tomorrow?  I was thinking Root was gonna be at Blue today but didn't see him. Maybe Matt Edge will be out tomorrow and TP4 and Schifdawg..JADIP

Rode the second civilian six with you this a.m.

What's up all. Pulled into the lot at about 345 and somehow managed to get a decent spot in the lower lot. Was on the lift by about 415ish and proceeded to put in 12 runs and was pulling out of the lot at about 715. You all know the conditions for a typical Saturday night so I'll save ya.  Lift lines were all but nonexistent by about 6 plus being a single helps too. 

When did sidewinder turn into a non terrain park? The back to back down bar and DFD kink in the lower park was awesome and exactly what I needed. Lol. 

Just have to say it felt AMAZING to be back on the snow for the first time in 2 seasons. I hope to make it up once a week for the rest of the season. Crossing my fingers my board stays together<_<

• Like 3

What's up all. Pulled into the lot at about 345 and somehow managed to get a decent spot in the lower lot. Was on the lift by about 415ish and proceeded to put in 12 runs and was pulling out of the lot at about 715. You all know the conditions for a typical Saturday night so I'll save ya.  Lift lines were all but nonexistent by about 6 plus being a single helps too. 
When did sidewinder turn into a non terrain park? The back to back down bar and DFD kink in the lower park was awesome and exactly what I needed. Lol. 
Just have to say it felt AMAZING to be back on the snow for the first time in 2 seasons. I hope to make it up once a week for the rest of the season. Crossing my fingers my board stays together<_>

I wish I still skied park because the rail lines in the lower park look phenomenal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I loved the park on sidewinder and was a little let down by the parks overall tonight. Did they move that park to another trail and I'm unaware?

GSS, Bought a condo and snowboarding had to go for a little. Helped my niece and nephew thrus night at Spring and got bite by the bug, HARD. lol. 

Lol Toast I'm disappointed, I stop lurking for a couple years and you stop riding park. What's up man? Haha. But yea the first 3 rails on the left hand side were great. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, antman12 said:

I loved the park on sidewinder and was a little let down by the parks overall tonight. Did they move that park to another trail and I'm unaware?

GSS, Bought a condo and snowboarding had to go for a little. Helped my niece and nephew thrus night at Spring and got bite by the bug, HARD. lol. 

Lol Toast I'm disappointed, I stop lurking for a couple years and you stop riding park. What's up man? Haha. But yea the first 3 rails on the left hand side were great. 

No sidewinder park didn't get moved. I think sidewinder park just took too much snow and maintenance and a lot of the non park rat regulars wanted it back as a regular run and are thrilled even though it apparently had crap conditions today. I didn't ski sidewinder because I wanted to ski challenge again when the PASRs skied it. 

12 hours ago, RootDKJ said:

Totally overslept this morning. Woke up at 6:45 and went back to bed. I really wanted to chat euro shit with Justo and GSSucks too.

Tarpon and I saw them in the VIP line and got to chat with them about their trip. 

Sounded like a great time.

Edited by indiggio

15 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Yeah I know sorry I didn't mention you and ZZSlope..I think you passed me the first run on challenge. 

The large group of boarder/skier cross kids waiting behind us for the six to open had me thinking that when they opened the gates it was going to get crazy, but then the whole group of crossers saw the quad open first and migrated over there, perfect.

1 hour ago, zzslope said:

The large group of boarder/skier cross kids waiting behind us for the six to open had me thinking that when they opened the gates it was going to get crazy, but then the whole group of crossers saw the quad open first and migrated over there, perfect.

I like that!!!

2 hours ago, zzslope said:

Dumb kid was about to snake me. There wouldve been a scene if they stayed for gate openig. Gtfo kid

• Like 1