WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 8 AM THIS MORNING
TO 1 AM EST THURSDAY...

* WHAT...Heavy snow expected. Total snow accumulations of 6 to 10
inches, with localized amounts up to 12 inches, are expected.

* WHERE...The northern Adirondacks of New York, the entire
Champlain Valley, and north central and northeast Vermont.

* WHEN...From 8 AM this morning to 1 AM EST Thursday.
November-27-2012-18-37-38-py.jpg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, moe ghoul said:

TO 1 AM EST THURSDAY...

Kitty's Deep....

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I like natural bumps cause you can ski all over the place..true seeded bumps you stay in one line as switching lines is reserved for the pros and the stupid 

We have to take what we get at Blue, but I too prefer natural bumps as they're far more fun.
Skier-made (say Alta's) are the very best, as the separation between turns is more consistent.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, moe ghoul said:

TO 1 AM EST THURSDAY...

Pussy Deep....

Fixed it for you!

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Living just living!!!!  He even got a contact high in the Gondoobie 

Made sure to get a gondola car in that one shot above, since I missed getting one in the tagged restaurant pic, so you know what they look like.

Edited by saltyant

Just now, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Salty enjoy the storm day!!

Today should be rad because there was a dusting overnight, and the freshies will accumulate throughout the day. I'm worried about getting buried in the perder tomorrow and ski patrol not finding me until all the snow thaws out in May.

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Today should be rad because there was a dusting overnight, and the freshies will accumulate throughout the day. I'm worried about getting buried in the perder tomorrow and ski patrol not finding me until all the snow thaws out in May.

Fingers crossed! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, toast21602 said:

Fingers crossed! 

Grilled Steeze told me he knows the owner of this resort and he'll let them know I'm buried in the perder so ski patrol can come dig me out. That's what Grilled Steeze told me when we rode the 6 pack with Matt Edge that one night. Grilled Steeze told me he has connections.

Edited by saltyant

43 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Grilled Steeze told me he knows the owner of this resort and he'll let them know I'm buried in the perder so ski patrol can come dig me out. That's what Grilled Steeze told me when we rode the 6 pack with Matt Edge that one night. Grilled Steeze told me he has connections.

You're annoying. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

Pretty great day here again. Got a lot of untracked runs in once the storm started. Competition hill was probably the best run of my day. Its a little short but has some pitch and the whole left side was untracked around noon so i made repeated runs. Also Sterling was fantastic as no one else was over there at all. Kind of regret going back across to the main mountain because I think the skiing was much better over here on the Spruce side due to lower volume. Relaxing with a dark coffee with marshmallows and almond milk and then heading back out for a few more runs. The Spruce lodge dining room is my favorite place to relax. Very nice panoramic view of the mountain and ice skating pond.

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Pretty great day here again. Got a lot of untracked runs in once the storm started. Competition hill was probably the best run of my day. Its a little short but has some pitch and the whole left side was untracked around noon so i made repeated runs. Also Sterling was fantastic as no one else was over there at all. Kind of regret going back across to the main mountain because I think the skiing was much better over here on the Spruce side due to lower volume. Relaxing with a dark coffee with marshmallows and almond milk and then heading back out for a few more runs. The Spruce lodge dining room is my favorite place to relax. Very nice panoramic view of the mountain and ice skating pond.

How much snow so far?  Take a picture of the snow on your car before you clear it off!!!  

31 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

How much snow so far?  Take a picture of the snow on your car before you clear it off!!!  

Actually cleared it off 10 minutes ago and now in Mansfield Lodge. About 4-5 inches on it I think. I'm exhausted so called it quits for the day. Got 33k vert today a world record so I'm happy. Tomorrow I think after 9 am I will spend most of the day on Spruce and Sensation areas, but will definitely get some first Trax off 4 runner and Gondalier trails. I'm spoiled now and dont even want to think about skiing ice, boiler plate, or mashed potatoes or slush.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Actually cleared it off 10 minutes ago and now in Mansfield Lodge. About 4-5 inches on it I think. I'm exhausted so called it quits for the day. Got 33k vert today a world record so I'm happy. Tomorrow I think after 9 am I will spend most of the day on Spruce and Sensation areas, but will definitely get some first Trax off 4 runner and Gondalier trails. I'm spoiled now and dont even want to think about skiing ice, boiler plate, or mashed potatoes or slush.

What are you doing in the Mansfield lodge??  Any plans for tonight??