22 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

What are you doing in the Mansfield lodge??  Any plans for tonight??

At Piecasso living it up. Very attractive waitresses. Ordered a Coke, garlic knots and the stromboli with spicy meat. Once I get back to the hotel I'm doing nothing, maybe relax by the fire with a decaf coffee and read some Jack Reacher in between PASR posts and watching the snow.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Ski some perder in the woods tomorrow 

I skiied some glades off Toll Road. Since I'm solo im worried about hitting a giant rock and getting injured and being buried until ski patrol digs me out in May. I know most people on here would be thrilled but that would suck for me.

3 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Is whirlaway open??  That's a fun run and not challenging like the trail rating. 

Yeah I'm pretty sure it's open but ungroomed. I opted for Sterling which is a fantastic trail with no traffic. Kept getting free refills. I wanted to run Main Street more but it was so damn windy and hard to see at the top of the mountain to get there.

Just now, saltyant said:

Yeah I'm pretty sure it's open but ungroomed. I opted for Sterling which is a fantastic trail with no traffic. Kept getting free refills. I wanted to run Main Street more but it was so damn windy and hard to see at the top of the mountain to get there.

Try to ski whirlaway tomorrow morning when there's fresh perder..also glades to the skiers left of nosedive. They're called the slalom glades and wide open 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, moe ghoul said:

Gettin deeeeeeeep in da notch. Planning on hiking up to the Madonna hut early to catch a sunrise and be the powder notchy. Puking hard right now. Have a safe ride to K, NaCl-y. We are staying on this side of mountain tomorrow.

Thanks Moe Ghoul. I'm actually staying at Stowe and then driving to Rutland after. Tomorrow is going to be so damn epic. Have fun at Smuggs!

On 2/4/2018 at 5:14 PM, SallyCat said:

Also, did they ask you what edge angle you have/wanted? I wouldn't give my skis to anyone who didn't ask me that question. . 

On 2/4/2018 at 4:25 PM, SallyCat said:

What does that include? Because that price point usually includes a base grind and you don't want to do that to your new skis without a good reason (concavity, e.g.). 

I'm just getting caught up on this thread, but I have to address these two points.  

Intermediates shouldn't care about bevels at tuning shops.  It doesn't matter when you're not railing turns, and you're probably asking for the wrong bevel. 

There is nothing wrong with a base grind straight from the factory.  I've done it.  Most skis are not flat from the factory, and factory structure generally sucks.

• Like 1

My runs for the day. Turns out yesterday I thought Hayride was a blue because I didn't actually do Hayride. Not sure what trail on but I think it was a blue that led into Hayride. Did it today and it was moderately difficult with moguls across.

image.thumb.png.33f0fb66250e904fdaf9ee9ae1689e07.png

Edited by saltyant

9 minutes ago, saltyant said:

My runs for the day. Turns out yesterday I thought Hayride was a blue because I didn't actually do Hayride. Not sure what trail on but I think it was a blue that led into Hayride. Did it today and it was moderately difficult with moguls across.

image.thumb.png.33f0fb66250e904fdaf9ee9ae1689e07.png

Maybe centerline.  I was wondering because Hayride is where the college racers race and it's damn steep. 

19 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Maybe centerline.  I was wondering because Hayride is where the college racers race and it's damn steep. 

Possibly. Not sure which trail it was.

Excellent news. Breakfast will be served tomorrow at 7 am!! I plan be out of the hotel no later than 7:15 and will try to be in line at 4 Runner for 7:40 like you said. Today at breakfast both of my cheeks were stuffed with bread and I couldn't talk. Wish I could eat breakfast faster but couldn't chew efficiently enough. Maybe I'll just chug a bottle of maple syrup tomorrow.

Edited by saltyant
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, saltyant said:

Possibly. Not sure which trail it was.

Excellent news. Breakfast will be served tomorrow at 7 am!! I plan be out of the hotel no later than 7:15 and will try to be in line at 4 Runner for 7:40 like you said. Today at breakfast both of my cheeks were stuffed with bread and I couldn't talk. Wish I could eat breakfast faster but couldn't chew efficiently enough. Maybe I'll just chug a bottle of maple syrup tomorrow.

Why is breakfast served earlier tomorrow? Does is have to do with the Eagles parade?   Do you drive to Killington tomorrow after skiing or Friday morning?  

IMG_2538.GIF

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Why is breakfast served earlier tomorrow? Does is have to do with the Eagles parade?   Do you drive to Killington tomorrow after skiing or Friday morning?  

IMG_2538.GIF

There's a bus here and breakfast was crowded today so I guess that's why. I'm driving to K-ton tomorrow after Stowe. Might quit at 2 pm so I have time to take the Ben and Jerry's tour. Of course if I'm having fun I'll keep skiing. I like stupid touristy things like that and it's only $4. 

29 minutes ago, AtomicSkier said:

ntermediates shouldn't care about bevels at tuning shops.  It doesn't matter when you're not railing turns, and you're probably asking for the wrong bevel. 

But the shop doesn't necessarily know that he's an intermediate.  Why wouldn't they ask every customer "do you have an edge angle preference?"  

9 minutes ago, saltyant said:

There's a bus here and breakfast was crowded today so I guess that's why. I'm driving to K-ton tomorrow after Stowe. Might quit at 2 pm so I have time to take the Ben and Jerry's tour. Of course if I'm having fun I'll keep skiing. I like stupid touristy things like that and it's only $4. 

The ben and jerrys tour is cool...Ben and Jerry actually took an ice cream making class at the Penn State university creamory. If you stop in there get some Cherry Garcia(my favorite flavor).  

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, SallyCat said:

But the shop doesn't necessarily know that he's an intermediate.  Why wouldn't they ask every customer "do you have an edge angle preference?"  

I honestly think 95% of people who were asked that question would have a deer in the headlights look.  I only know 3 degree bevel from Atomic Jeff tuning my skis. Before that I had no clue and I skied for 15 years before AJeff was my tune guy. 

• Like 1