23 hours ago, saltyant said:

This is grate! I'll be staying in a hotel house, haven't started looking yet. Northern Lights Lodge is decent and cheap but the owner wouldn't refund my non-refundable $318 a few years ago so I'm not sure about staying there again just on principle.

He held a room for you and you decided that you wanted to visit Colorado instead... that's not his fault. I may just book there because he stood by his rules....clearly a man of principle. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 10/24/2021 at 9:49 PM, saltyant said:

This is grate! I'll be staying in a hotel house, haven't started looking yet. Northern Lights Lodge is decent and cheap but the owner wouldn't refund my non-refundable $318 a few years ago so I'm not sure about staying there again just on principle.

Didn’t you receive a small discount for booking a non refundable reservation?   I usually stayed at the town and country hotel in Stowe. 

• 3 months later...
1 minute ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

When do you leave?

I can technically stay until Sunday night since I don't work until Monday. My reservation at the Best Western is only til Thursday so I'll have to change hotel houses.

Edited by saltyant

2 minutes ago, Mixilplix said:

Can you see if they will let you add a day or two?

I can but the Best Western is pretty far from the mountain to be driving my Sonic in 15 inches of snow, so I'll look for somewhere close to the mountain.  Plus the Best Western is at the top of an insanely steep hill which is going to be a pain.

Edited by saltyant

1 hour ago, saltyant said:

I can but the Best Western is pretty far from the mountain to be driving my Sonic in 15 inches of snow, so I'll look for somewhere close to the mountain.  Plus the Best Western is at the top of an insanely steep hill which is going to be a pain.

The driveway is steep but I remember it being short. Once your in town I don't remember much super steeps on the way up the road just a slow climb and there are 383828282 places to stay there. You can be at the base if you stay at the Hyatt at Spruce Goose.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Johnny Law said:

The driveway is steep but I remember it being short. Once your in town I don't remember much super steeps on the way up the road just a slow climb and there are 383828282 places to stay there. You can be at the base if you stay at the Hyatt at Spruce Goose.

The road from town to the resort is easy.I had a mail drop in Stowe proper on my LT hike and I had to hike back to my hotel near the resort cause none of those elitest front platers would give me a ride...Only time I ever got skunked trying to hitch in VT...

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Mixilplix said:

The road from town to the resort is easy.I had a mail drop in Stowe proper on my LT hike and I had to hike back to my hotel near the resort cause none of those elitest front platers would give me a ride...Only time I ever got skunked trying to hitch in VT...

Stowe is such a good place but it has changed alot and it's not nearly as "core" since AIG got it and put in spruce to get that sweet family $$$$$. 

The day a hiker can't get a ride in VT is super sad but even VT has gone a bit corporate. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, saltyant said:

I can technically stay until Sunday night since I don't work until Monday. My reservation at the Best Western is only til Thursday so I'll have to change hotel houses.

Oh you’re staying pretty far from the mountain. Just bring chains for the sonic if the roads get nuts. 

1 hour ago, Mixilplix said:

In college I picked up hitchhikers a few times in the town of Stowe and given them a ride to the mountain.  I’ve also hitch hiked in Colorado and Montana 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Schif said:

I hope you guys chatted about Wawa and the area's premier asphalt contractor. 

I was trying to think of JFDan's firm to ask if he heard of it but I couldnt remember it. I also was going to ask if he knew JFDan but I dont know JFDan's last name. 

Edited by saltyant

Wrapped it up before 4 pm today, everything got icy once the clouds rolled in. Conditions were nice in the morning and mid afternoon.

Favorite runs were Liftline, Perry Merrill, and Slalom Hill. 

Worst run was Sterling which was one of my favorites last time, but the cover was thin throughout and I almost ate it on pure ice

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 1