Just now, saltyant said:

I went to my car and ate a blueberry bagel and Captains Wafer, and went to Piecasso afterwards for a post skiing Turkey Burger and fries

Do you like turkey burgers better than beef burgers?  I remember your last trip to Stowe you had mussels and an ice cream sundae. 

16 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Do you like turkey burgers better than beef burgers?  I remember your last trip to Stowe you had mussels and an ice cream sundae. 

Idk, I like both equally. Variety keeps things interesting.  Grate memory

16 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

@saltyantare a lot of people wearing masks in Vermont?  Here in JH some wear paper masks when they ski..

It's Vermont so most people quadruple mask alone in their cars

14 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Excellent mid morning crepe and hot blistering coffee breakfast at the Skinny Pancake. Best on mountain restaurant at Stowe20220201_100020.thumb.jpg.0e07d8e12d942d7539e575d6700f41d0.jpg

Do you ever put a couple ice cubes in your coffee when it’s really hot?  Salty looks like Friday is gonna be a huge pow wow day at steaux 

6 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Do you ever put a couple ice cubes in your coffee when it’s really hot?  Salty looks like Friday is gonna be a huge pow wow day at steaux 

Nah I love hot coffee. Yeah it's supposed to be a Perder day but the Perder might be wet and heavy, which might not be so fun ☹

Edited by saltyant

Steaux is grate but I'm sticking to groomers. The ungroomed runs totally suck compared to what I'm used to out west. Thin cover, roots sticking up, ice ice ice. When looking at the groomed map there arent really that many trails open, but the ones that are are really fun

Edited by saltyant

37 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Steaux is grate but I'm sticking to groomers. The ungroomed runs totally suck compared to what I'm used to out west. Thin cover, roots sticking up, ice ice ice. When looking at the groomed map there arent really that many trails open, but the ones that are are really fun

This isn't very Stoke-y. Let's make this a day of kindness towards all trails. 

• Sad 1

47 minutes ago, saltyant said:

You're skiing the East.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, saltyant said:

What about @RootDKJ

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, saltyant said:

Excellent mid morning crepe and hot blistering coffee breakfast at the Skinny Pancake. Best on mountain restaurant at Stowe20220201_100020.thumb.jpg.0e07d8e12d942d7539e575d6700f41d0.jpg

This is the way, Stowe maybe has the best breakfast places in skiing though the Ritz at Northstar is at least as good.  

7 hours ago, saltyant said:

No shame in that sometimes it's absolutely brutal but Steep is free on Amazon and Doug Coombs in it describes it best as skiing on the trees. It's what makes the east the east.

Did you ski toll road ? The chair down their is slow but that and great eastern at killy are some of my favorites. Long, mostly flatish, winding stand on your skis nature walks through the woods. 

Upper Perry Merril or Cliff trail whichever is the crossover from the goody to 4runner is sometimes the most technical skiing on earth it's gets hyper beat. How are the crowds ?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Johnny Law said:

No shame in that sometimes it's absolutely brutal but Steep is free on Amazon and Doug Coombs in it describes it best as skiing on the trees. It's what makes the east the east.

Did you ski toll road ? The chair down their is slow but that and great eastern at killy are some of my favorites. Long, mostly flatish, winding stand on your skis nature walks through the woods. 

Upper Perry Merril or Cliff trail whichever is the crossover from the goody to 4runner is sometimes the most technical skiing on earth it's gets hyper beat. How are the crowds ?

Upper Toll Road is closed but I skied parts of the bottom onto the Toll House lift. I agree, it's a nice relaxing nature "walk" and I made it a point to ski there at least once this trip. Last time I skied down there after a snowstorm and there was still untracked snow on groomed runs - though not crazy fun due to the low pitch. 

Cliff Trail was pretty icy since they haven't groomed it. Thanks for reminding me it's an option to get back to Mansfield side - I keep hoofing it on the flat part near the base and it's exhausting.

Crowds are super low, I've never waited more than a minute for lift or gondola ride after opening.

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Upper Toll Road is closed but I skied parts of the bottom onto the Toll House lift. I agree, it's a nice relaxing nature "walk" and I made it a point to ski there at least once this trip. Last time I skied down there after a snowstorm and there was still untracked snow on groomed runs - though not crazy fun due to the low pitch. 

Cliff Trail was pretty icy since they haven't groomed it. Thanks for reminding me it's an option to get back to Mansfield side - I keep hoofing it on the flat part near the base and it's exhausting.

Crowds are super low, I've never waited more than a minute for lift or gondola ride after opening.

Nice! I enjoy those cruiser runs. Glad to hear it isn’t crowded. Are you definitely staying for the storm later this week?

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Mixilplix said:

@saltyant There is a sorta cool ski and snowboard museum in Stowe...Check it out if you have some time...

I had a Backhill and a Snurfer ..My intros into snow surfing...

Thanks, I might check it out tomorrow since I'm going to take a break from skiing 8-3 and hit up the local scene, or maybe go look for a mint to tour.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, saltyant said:

What did you do for supper tonight?

2 minutes ago, saltyant said:

It's low angle but with some snow it's still fun and I remember you can ski some decent woods off upper if I remember right. Plus it has a church with a legit service. 

I think it's cliff but there is that one section where it has just a little pitch before you switch trails right to head to the quad would just be an absolute moonscape. Ice rink ice mixed in with exposed rocks and massive random rock hard bumps with noobs just going down everywhere. You would get to the end cracking up just to get through it. It was like that at least half a dozen times I've been there but I can never decide if that's worse than skating forever on the lower one. 

That's super super nice and makes the spruce side alot better. The groomers on both far left and right are awesome but generally mobbed so if you can get it when they are empty it's a hoot. The one far skiers left at least used to be the race course and was like a faster longer more technical switchback. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Johnny Law said:

That's super super nice and makes the spruce side alot better. The groomers on both far left and right are awesome but generally mobbed so if you can get it when they are empty it's a hoot. The one far skiers left at least used to be the race course and was like a faster longer more technical switchback. 

I ski the Spruce side at least an hour every day and there are never any lines at any lift. There are 3 lifts on the bottom and I accidentally took the one that only goes to the easiest noob run ever, but at least I got to see some fancy houses. The Slalom Hill is really fun when it's not closed, as its short and steep and has an awesome view of the Spruce area. Main Street is perpetually used by the race team though the upper part is open to the public. Sterling was one of my favorite trails on my last trip, but this time it's a moonscape. Maybe I'll try it after the Thursday dumping.

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I ski the Spruce side at least an hour every day and there are never any lines at any lift. There are 3 lifts on the bottom and I accidentally took the one that only goes to the easiest noob run ever, but at least I got to see some fancy houses. The Slalom Hill is really fun when it's not closed, as its short and steep and has an awesome view of the Spruce area. Main Street is perpetually used by the race team though the upper part is open to the public. Sterling was one of my favorite trails on my last trip, but this time it's a moonscape. Maybe I'll try it after the Thursday dumping.

Fuck dude sounds like I should ski Stowe weekday mornings as there is less lines than blue. 

Enjoy man and I hope you get dumped on 

• Thanks 1