19 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Thanks. Just got done practicing putting on my ski boots. This morning in the Mansfield Lodge I could not get them on for some reason and I think the ticket saleswoman thought I was giving birth. Been taking the liners out every single night to dry them on the vent because I forgot my boot dryers at home.

Do you put the liners back in the shells and then put your feet in, or put your feet in the liners and then shove everything in at once? Reason I ask is that I have liners that you have to put on first, before they go in the boot, and it's a little tough sometimes and definitely waaaaay harder when the liners are not laced up tight. 

Also if you like booting up at the car, a heated boot bag is pretty awesome. 

Edited by SallyCat
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I drive a manual and can't even get the car started with ski boots, so that's un-possible.

Oh Lordy I didn't even know they made manuals anymore.  You're either cheap or a driving enthusiast.  

STFU GrilledPanini you've never driven stick shift and didn't learn how to use a screwdriver until you were 25. Keep selling overpriced rocks to grieving old ladies you wanker 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, SallyCat said:

Do you put the liners back in the shells and then put your feet in, or put your feet in the liners and then shove everything in at once? Reason I ask is that I have liners that you have to put on first, before they go in the boot, and it's a little tough sometimes and definitely waaaaay harder when the liners are not laced up tight. 

I used to always keep boots in my trunk on drive to skiing. Now I keep them on the passenger side floor with heat on my feet...I'll never have a boot bag...only bags I have are luggage and bags from Target, Kohls and Buckmans. 

6 minutes ago, SallyCat said:

The first one. Never even considered the other way.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

STFU GrilledPanini you've never driven stick shift and didn't learn how to use a screwdriver until you were 25. Keep selling overpriced rocks to grieving old ladies you wanker 

Holy shit, I thought I was being self-deprecating earlier. You, sir, are the Picasso of exaggerated self-loathing!

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, saltyant said:

Thanks. Just got done practicing putting on my ski boots. This morning in the Mansfield Lodge I could not get them on for some reason and I think the ticket saleswoman thought I was giving birth. Been taking the liners out every single night to dry them on the vent because I forgot my boot dryers at home.

Holy O'Fuck NaCL-y, now you can't even put your boots on.  WTF kind of skier are you??? 

Toast, you better add some good tags to this thread for this one!!  OMFG!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, RootDKJ said:

Solid advice. Good coffee. 

Slightly more budget friendly would be the Killington Mart on the left side of Killington Road as you head up. Decent dinner take out food too. 

Actually when we were there couple weeks ago, we were a little disappointed in Killington Mart. But you're right about the bakery. It's fabulous. Also Ipie pizza place is good. Pizza is delicious and they have great salads. Pretty budget friendly. 

1 hour ago, indiggio said:

Holy O'Fuck NaCL-y, now you can't even put your boots on.  WTF kind of skier are you??? 

Toast, you better add some good tags to this thread for this one!!  OMFG!

I realize that it was because my boots were in the trunk yesterday. If I put them on the passenger floor with the heat on I am proficient at putting them on.

2 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I realize that it was because my boots were in the trunk yesterday. If I put them on the passenger floor with the heat on I am proficient at putting them on.

Evidently you're not proficient at putting your equipment away after skiing, or getting ready beforehand... ;)

1 hour ago, indiggio said:

Evidently you're not proficient at putting your equipment away after skiing, or getting ready beforehand... ;)

Nah man. Today I'm in great shape. Killington doesn't open until 9 and Ramshead doesn't have a hill to walk up. I can actually take my time and enjoy breakfast for a change.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Nah man. Today I'm in great shape. Killington doesn't open until 9 and Ramshead doesn't have a hill to walk up. I can actually take my time and enjoy breakfast for a change.

Take some notes on how to carry your skis, I prefer the Texas suitcase if you have straps on your poles its perfect. 

image.png.b500e22df513021dba9fbfd882f8a0b2.png

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

25 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Got my boots on ok and waiting for first chair at Ramshead. Much easier walk Today. I think i like Killington better because I don't have to walk up any steep hills.

Killington is a much better mountain for Jerrys than Stowe..next time at Stowe start at the gondola and no hills to walk up. You can park right by the gondola barn. 

9 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Killington is a much better mountain for Jerrys than Stowe..next time at Stowe start at the gondola and no hills to walk up. You can park right by the gondola barn. 

I guess so. but there is still legit terrain at k-mart.

27 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Got my boots on ok and waiting for first chair at Ramshead. Much easier walk Today. I think i like Killington better because I don't have to walk up any steep hills.

For those of you you unfamiliar with Stowe this is the steep hill Salty had to walk up from the parking lot. 

IMG_2593.PNG

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Pretty rad here. Made 5 runs on a different blue each time and making my way across the mountain. Started at Ramshead, did a warm up run on the Blue run, then did the green run to see where Treezy is. Then tried getting to gondola via Caper but forgot about the stupid uphill segment so took Snowdon double and did a blue to Snowdon triple then made a nice fun run down to gondola. About 300 people in line, will ask for a gift card. Its crowded and feels like a weekend with jerrys everywhere but the place is so yuge I should be able to find some lifts and trails that aren't crowded. No one seems to be riding the slow lifts, at least not yet. Taking 5 at K1 top lodge and then will make a run down my favorite cruiser Great Eastern.

• Like 1

On 2/6/2018 at 1:42 PM, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Salty how much vertical did you ski today?  You haven't updated your stats!!!  My best vert in a day at Stowe is around 70,000 back in high school. I was a beast then. 

Salty, go hit Cruise Control down to the Syke Peak gondi mid-station.  That's one of my fav cruisers at Kton.

• Like 1