Actually now that I think about it Salty isn't a powder hound like the majority of us so probably doesn't matter to him if he gets sloppy seconds.  Sloppy seconds for me is rage worthy. Just in my opinion to stay 3 miles from the mountain and not get first chair is sad.  

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

1 minute ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Very rare for hotels to have the free breakfast that early. The hotel in JH has breakfast starting at 7 but really they let people in earlier.  

Mountain Sports Inn in Killington manages to do it, but Kton doesn't open until 8.

Just now, RootDKJ said:

Mountain Sports Inn in Killington manages to do it, but Kton doesn't open until 8.

I remember staying somewhere with my dad in Sugarbush that didn't have breakfast until 7..and was a full breakfast like pancakes and sausage and my dad eats so slow and didn't even have his ski pants on yet and it was killing me.  He's one of those people who likes to sit for a few more minutes after eating.  I vowed that when I was a grown up I would never put up with that bullshit well at least until Nastar Glenn couldn't get in his damn skis because they were caked with snow lol..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Salty it looks like the gondola is on wind hold..I'm not gonna tell you how you can cut over to the gondola from nosedive via rimrock above the glades because you will likely complain that there are flat sections where you have to skate and poll but I'd be getting the fresh over there that way...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Give it a rest, fat man. 12+" of blower in Belvedere birches this AM with 2 foot drifts. Meeting up with Saltine at 1 after slaying some Notchy goodness. MFin JADIP. Closing in on the century mark.Tits up, ass down, it's go time! E-A-G-L-E-S...........EAGLES!!!!!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Actually now that I think about it Salty isn't a powder hound like the majority of us so probably doesn't matter to him if he gets sloppy seconds.  Sloppy seconds for me is rage worthy. Just in my opinion to stay 3 miles from the mountain and not get first chair is sad.  

I'm going to try for first chair tomorrow. I failed to plan well this morning and forgot to see what time breakfast starts. Then I was delayed more because I kept stuffing my face, took 5 minutes to get my car up the hill, got stuck in traffic, had to pick up my RTMs, had to go back to the car because I forgot my poles, couldn't get my boots on because they got snow in them, and then struggled to get up the hill from the parking lot to 4 runner and kept falling and was huffing and puffing and looked like a total jerry. If there was a video of it youd all be laughing like hyenas.

I got an untracked run on Toll House which was a lot of fun but too many flat sections so I likely wont be doing that again. Its so fucking rad out here. Made 4 runs total, 3 on blues. I usually don't know what trail I'm on and just ski around randomly. Lord was a lot of fun. Hit some deep powder In an ungroomed terrain park with a lot of untracked which was sa weet.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Sounds good Salty!!! Sheesh you bike 4,000 miles a year but the hill to the quad is too much. HTFU

I was walking in ski boots and that hill is so damn steep. Plus I haven't done any exercise since November. Had to buy an overpriced $3 orange juice to recover lost fluids.

Edited by saltyant

7 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I was walking in ski boots and that hill is so damn steep. Plus I haven't done any exercise since November. Had to buy an overpriced $3 orange juice to recover lost fluids.

You'll be able to ski back to your car at least.  I'm surprised you don't ski with a Camelback to stay hydrated. You're on vacation live it up and buy food and drink at the mountain 

15 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I'm going to try for first chair tomorrow. I failed to plan well this morning and forgot to see what time breakfast starts. Then I was delayed more because I kept stuffing my face, took 5 minutes to get my car up the hill, got stuck in traffic, had to pick up my RTMs, had to go back to the car because I forgot my poles, couldn't get my boots on because they got snow in them, and then struggled to get up the hill from the parking lot to 4 runner and kept falling and was huffing and puffing and looked like a total jerry. If there was a video of it youd all be laughing like hyenas.

I got an untracked run on Toll House which was a lot of fun but too many flat sections so I likely wont be doing that again. Its so fucking rad out here. Made 4 runs total, 3 on blues. I usually don't know what trail I'm on and just ski around randomly. Lord was a lot of fun. Hit some deep powder In an ungroomed terrain park with a lot of untracked which was sa weet.

This is why I always try to do ski in/ski out....

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I've never had ski in ski out before and I've just about never not been first chair. Salty check out the octogon for lunch or the lodge at spruce peak. Both fine choices. You'll want some chili on a cold day and can steal extra cracker packets. 

I stayed "on-campus" at Stratton once, but agreed.  No need to stay ski in/out to make 1st chair, or even opening.

23 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I'd guess most of the first chair folks at Stowe live in Burlington. They just get up early.  

For sure.   I hope saltmiser is getting some facials in that vast wilderness of Mount Mansfield.

Edited by RootDKJ
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, saltyant said:

Still snowing!!! Have to wait until 7:30 for the free breakfast at the hotel. Started eating Cheerios at 7:01 but got yelled at that breakfast doesn't start until 7:30. Told the dude I wanted to get an early start to get all the perder before everyone else, but he said no exceptions. I didnt actually get yelled at but I'm an entitled millenial special snowflake and I should be able to start breakfast early because I'm a VIP.

I am surprised by the 7:30 am breakfast start. The hotel manager must not understand that the first tracks are the best tracks. The couple of times I stayed at places that served breakfast, they started serving much earlier than 7:30. The important thing is that you are enjoying the trip.

5 hours ago, saltyant said:

Still eating. Will definitely miss FirstTrax at 4 Runner but it's all good in the hood. Even if I ski 9 to 4 Thats still 7 hours. Got to fill up on carbs for the day so I dont have to spend $30 on a hamburger.

:nono

First tracks.

Don't let Camelback drag you down to their level of philistinism.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, RootDKJ said:

Wow, saltz hasn't posted in 5 hours.  Hopefully this means he skipped lunch and is just lapping up the (tracked out?) pow all day.

I'm sure Moe Ghoul has shown SaltineAnus some secret stashes.  Maybe he's doing apres ski down at the Matterhorn consoling some ladies from Boston who are grieving the loss of their beloved Patriots...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, saltyant said:

Looking forward to your report.  Where are you getting dinner??