Day 2. Great first day at Stowe despite a few issues getting the day started. Made some runs on Lord and many other blues off the 4 Runner, then went over to the Spruce side to meet up with Moe Ghoul, who recognized me from noticing some sa weet RTMs which are 81 cm wide.

After Ghoul departed made a few more runs on some green gaper trails and some harder ungroomed blues. Also Made 2 black diamond runs, my first In VT. Upper Smugglers proved to be too difficult, as it was really choppy steep and narrow. Upper Main Street was much better because it was comparatively closer to the groomed conditions I'm accustomed to.

Tomorrow will be another epic and rad Day. Hoping they run the Gondeela so I can check out that part of the mountain. Spent apres skiing at Matterhorn and ate some tuna tacos and spicy fries and two cokes. Now sitting next to the fireplace in the breakfast area staying toasty near the giant oversized teddy bear.

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

That's what Sally has she has the 84s and Salty has the 81s which are the more versatile model. Remember skinny is the new fat. 

Beg to differ. RTM 84s are a higher-performance ski and IMHO much more versatile for east coast skiing. RTM trash-talkers need to differentiate their hate. 

From Skimag.com:

"Volkl RTM 81, which returns unchanged for 2017, is also lighter weight. It's designed to be quicker edge to edge, livelier, and more forgiving for skiers of lesser skill, with no top-and-bottom metal reinforcement or UVO dampening module as found in the more expensive models. "  

https://www.skimag.com/gear/volkl-rtm-81-2017

I don't believe that pandering to my low skill-set with "forgiving" skis is going to make me a better skier. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Salty did you get to ski much untracked or was it mostly tracked out?  

I got a lot of untracked on Toll Road. When I got to the top it was windy foggy and snow was blowing everywhere so I couldn't see. Because I was skiing poorly a week ago I just did Toll Road as a warm up and then realized I haven't actually forgotten how to ski.  

I found a deep powder stash in a terrain park and I was worried about hitting a covered terrain feature. The powder was really deep in there and almost entirely untracked.

Edited by saltyant
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

reminds me of 1984 both the novel and the olympics now I have Lionel Richies all night long playing in my headpod

Holy shit, that video is everything.

I think I've lost my ability to detect sarcasm;  averaging about three hours' sleep a night. Full time job, part time job and looking for a job. Another fucking Skype interview tomorrow when I could have been at Blue by 2:30.  I could have taken a phone call at Blue, in my car. But NO, it's 2018, and we have to Skype. Do you know why, in the history of telephone usage, nobody has ever looked into a mirror for an entire phone conversation? Because seeing your own stupid face when you're trying to talk to someone is a soul-crushing nightmare that's why. 

Anyhoo. Fresh powder for Salty; that's great. 

Edited by SallyCat
Goddammit, I forgot the possessive apostrophe in "hours'.'"
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 years skiing and starting when yer 28? Remember what I said about 10,000 hours. Yer progressing well. Focus on one thing from your lesson tomorrow until it "clicks". I might be back over early Wed AM. Tough to decide when you gots 10,000 acres to play with. What's on deck snow wise, you ask?

WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM WEDNESDAY MORNING THROUGH
LATE WEDNESDAY NIGHT...

* WHAT...Heavy snow possible. Total snow accumulations of 5 to 8
inches are possible.

* WHERE...The northern Adirondacks, the Champlain Valley, and
north-central into northeastern Vermont.

* WHEN...From Wednesday morning through late Wednesday night. The
heaviest snow, with snowfall rates up to 1 inch per hour, is
expected between 2 and 9 PM Wednesday. Snow should taper off
during the pre-dawn hours Thursday.

Almost like:

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, SallyCat said:

Holy shit, that video is everything.

I think I've lost my ability to detect sarcasm;  averaging about three hours sleep a night. Full time job, part time job and looking for a job. Another fucking Skype interview tomorrow when I could have been at Blue by 2:30.  I could have taken a phone call at Blue, in my car. But NO, it's 2018, and we have to Skype. Do you know why, in the history of telephone usage, nobody has ever looked into a mirror for an entire phone conversation? Because seeing your own stupid face when you're trying to talk to someone is a soul-crushing nightmare that's why. 

Anyhoo. Fresh powder for Salty; that's great. 

Wow..I've worked like 7 hours in the last 12 days and scheming to take off Wednesday.  Don't be too jealous I had like three days off last summer. 

• Like 2