7 minutes ago, SallyCat said:

Holy shit, that video is everything.

I think I've lost my ability to detect sarcasm;  averaging about three hours sleep a night. Full time job, part time job and looking for a job. Another fucking Skype interview tomorrow when I could have been at Blue by 2:30.  I could have taken a phone call at Blue, in my car. But NO, it's 2018, and we have to Skype. Do you know why, in the history of telephone usage, nobody has ever looked into a mirror for an entire phone conversation? Because seeing your own stupid face when you're trying to talk to someone is a soul-crushing nightmare that's why. 

Anyhoo. Fresh powder for Salty; that's great. 

Wow I don't even have a laptop or tablet just iPhone so I can't do Skype just FaceTime. Much different than when I used to have a vlog and would talk to the computer through a webcam. 

4 minutes ago, moe ghoul said:

2 years skiing and starting when yer 28? Remember what I said about 10,000 hours. Yer progressing well. Focus on one thing from your lesson tomorrow until it "clicks". I might be back over early Wed AM. Tough to decide when you gots 10,000 acres to play with. What's on deck snow wise, you ask?

WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM WEDNESDAY MORNING THROUGH
LATE WEDNESDAY NIGHT...

* WHAT...Heavy snow possible. Total snow accumulations of 5 to 8
inches are possible.

* WHERE...The northern Adirondacks, the Champlain Valley, and
north-central into northeastern Vermont.

* WHEN...From Wednesday morning through late Wednesday night. The
heaviest snow, with snowfall rates up to 1 inch per hour, is
expected between 2 and 9 PM Wednesday. Snow should taper off
during the pre-dawn hours Thursday.

Almost like:

That's way too soft core for me. Not even an appetizer. 

1 minute ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Wow I don't even have a laptop or tablet just iPhone so I can't do Skype just FaceTime. Much different than when I used to have a vlog and would talk to the computer through a webcam. 

Unless it's someone you care about and want to see, there is ZERO point to Skype/Facetime, or whatever hologram nightmare is coming next. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SallyCat said:

Unless it's someone you care about and want to see, there is ZERO point to Skype/Facetime, or whatever hologram nightmare is coming next. 

I never do FaceTime. I really only talk on the phone with my parents and my friend in Montana. Text only with everybody else 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, moe ghoul said:

2 years skiing and starting when yer 28? Remember what I said about 10,000 hours. Yer progressing well. Focus on one thing from your lesson tomorrow until it "clicks". I might be back over early Wed AM. Tough to decide when you gots 10,000 acres to play with. What's on deck snow wise, you ask?

WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM WEDNESDAY MORNING THROUGH
LATE WEDNESDAY NIGHT...

* WHAT...Heavy snow possible. Total snow accumulations of 5 to 8
inches are possible.

* WHERE...The northern Adirondacks, the Champlain Valley, and
north-central into northeastern Vermont.

* WHEN...From Wednesday morning through late Wednesday night. The
heaviest snow, with snowfall rates up to 1 inch per hour, is
expected between 2 and 9 PM Wednesday. Snow should taper off
during the pre-dawn hours Thursday.

Thanks Ghoul for your words of encouragement. Hit me up if you decide to come back over the mountain Wednesday. Hope the snow doesn't stop me from getting to Killington Thursday Because I need to use my 2 nonrefundable passes. :S

22 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Thanks Ghoul for your words of encouragement. Hit me up if you decide to come back over the mountain Wednesday. Hope the snow doesn't stop me from getting to Killington Thursday Because I need to use my 2 nonrefundable passes. :S

Are you staying at stowe Wednesday night or Killington??

1 minute ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Will be better roads early Thursday morning after the storm is done. It said snow ends around 9pm Wednesday. 

I hope so. Since all chairs at Killington open at 9 I should have no problem making first chair since I plan to skip the hotel's free breakfast that day. Maybe I'll stop at McDoodles for a McMuffin.

51 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Rode the lift with a lady from Texas who said she was bored at Stowe because she normally skis Colorado. She said the mountains are too small. Bah this place is like Verbier compared to anything in PA.

If you like skiing you'll ski anywhere...I was happy to be back at Blue after a week at Jackson hole but wish I could have got a extra 10-15mph on challenge and Main Street.  Just not enough pitch or length for mad steezy speeds..unless it's icy death..ice is nice..speed is good..dress like an astronaut..JADIP!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

If only I could be a fly on the wall during Saltines lesson lol...

ok. Just wrapped up. Report to come later. He didn't tell me to quit skiing so that's cool. He told me I ask a lot of questions and called my skis "narrow", but he was a good dude and I think It was helpful. I'll post the video on YouTube that he took of me skiing but only if JF Dan or Toast text me to tell me my RTMs are rad.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, saltyant said:

ok. Just wrapped up. Report to come later. He didn't tell me to quit skiing so that's cool. He told me I ask a lot of questions and called my skis "narrow", but he was a good dude and I think It was helpful. I'll post the video on YouTube that he took of me skiing but only if JF Dan or Toast text me to tell me my RTMs are rad.

Awesome stuff please post video and take some pictures this afternoon.  You ask a shit ton of questions..but being a curious guy is good..that's how you learn. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Awesome stuff please post video and take some pictures this afternoon.  You ask a shit ton of questions..but being a curious guy is good..that's how you learn. 

Ditto.  I miss Stowe and want to see pics and vids please.

• Like 2