The Walts take on the west! Steamboat 2/3 - 2/10

enjoralas

2 hours ago, enjoralas said:

If I get out of this god-awful work meeting in time. Stuck in Freehold, NJ at the moment.

You're at that nonsense too?  How was the "team-building"?  

I avoid those events like the plague. Those are good days to call out because nobody misses you.

19 hours ago, RootDKJ said:

You're at that nonsense too?  How was the "team-building"?  

I avoid those events like the plague. Those are good days to call out because nobody misses you.

There was no team building, unless you count the go-karting and games and stuff that were available after the meeting, but that wasn’t really team building because 80% of the attendees (me included) bolted for the parking lot the minute it was over.

It was brutal because it wasn’t geared at all toward front line employees (understandably) but someone had the idea to invite the Jeopardy team. So we all sat through 8 hours of business unit presentations on the last year and the outlook for the next quarter, then at the end they showed our team video and called us onstage to wave and get cheap tin medals because it was Olympic themed.

Most of the attendees didn’t even realize there were non-salaried employees in the room. Probably would have sent us out for the “labor relations” portion if they did, lol