2/4/18..fun morning!!! snowing.

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Hey All,

I'm back from a fun morning session at Blue mountain the true mountain. I pulled into the lower lot at 720am and Phillycore was already in the Hiz-ouse..Schifdawg was in the house as well as Atomic Jeff, JFBBDan, Johnny Law, Indiggio, Tarponhead, MBike Mike, Matt Edge, TP4 and many others. 

First civilian chair was lit. Nice carpet first run on challenge..was a good second run on challenge as well but beginning to degrade sidewinder wa salrigjt switchback and was empty and New manmade snow Main Street was the run of the day..top half was a carpet second half not bad..pretty much firm groomed and a little sweet and low. 

Razora was closed for racers and nightmare dreamweaver closed again so paradise was the crazy mile and a quarter. 

Snow really started to pick up before I left and was interesting to see the temperatures rise and fall with elevation on the way home.  Should be several hours of snow for the poconos and this is heavy and wet so bonds well to existing snow won't blow into Danielsville!!

IMG_2530.JPG

• Like 4

Stayed for an hour or so after you guys left. The snow that was falling was adding up nicely on the hill and the surface was pretty smooth. Slick spots were still there but the edges of the trails were a nice consistency and lent themselves to some nice turns until I gave up and headed home. Got stuck on the wrong side of main street chair though so I wound up using that for a ride, Main Street was pretty great as was paradise. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Shadows said:

if you constantly have a pass and always buy early bird during the previous season then shouldnt it be prorated for like 1.5 months? :chea:

No that's the bonus of being a first time passholder. Nazareth jay usually just buys a season pass to blue every other season but he averages two visits of about five runs per season 

11 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

No that's the bonus of being a first time passholder. Nazareth jay usually just buys a season pass to blue every other season but he averages two visits of about five runs per season 

Yeah, I thought about doing that every other year thing, filling in with a triple ticket or two in the every other off-early season. But that would have been devastating in a year like this where they were able to open so early

3 minutes ago, enjoralas said:

Yeah, I thought about doing that every other year thing, filling in with a triple ticket or two in the every other off-early season. But that would have been devastating in a year like this where they were able to open so early

If you don't have a season pass you end up cherry picking your days which leads to not skiing as much.  

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Number of days I have not gone skiing this year when I would have gone if I had a pass = 0

If I have the time and weather and conditions warrant it, I go. 

I'd go more if I lived an hour closer for sure.

Plus you are working on a big studio album we all love the lady in your band 🍆 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Do you think you'll take a trip with your buddy who you went to Colorado with last skison?

Probably no just the CO trip with my girls. But also hitting Sunday River 3rd weekend of April as I have a work trip up that way

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski
  • Like 1