Weekend roll call thread 2/10-2/11

GrilledSteezeSandwich

3 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

The forecast is saying the rain will hold off until after 4pm Saturday. Sunday says rain heavy at times...

That pretty much fits into our current weather pattern of snow, rain, and then stupid cold.  Rinse and repeat.  Sunday looks monsoon-ish.  

Hopefully Friday afternoon/evening if I can get out of ski club and then Saturday. 

I'm always open to feedback on my skiing, so if you see me  from the lift or whatever and I'm doing some dumb thing, feel free to tell me, either in person or here. I mean, I'm not gonna get better doing the same wrong thing over an over, so fire away if you feel like it.

Edited by SallyCat

trying to decide between the long drive to Belleayre, or a quick ride to blue tomorrow.

Even thought they got a fair amount of snow, glades aren't open, so I'm thinking it's not worth the slog.  And if I go to blue I can try the Snow Cross course everyone is bitching about!

12 minutes ago, antman12 said:

WTF, I was praying the rain would hold off till Sunday. Ill have to make a decision tonight if I want to go up early for an AM session or risk not riding at all this weekend.... hmmmm

It's not supposed to start raining until after 2pm tomorrow and not supposed to be heavy rain until tomorrow night.  Tomorrow morning at Blue could be very nice. 

4 minutes ago, Johnny Law said:

This is what it normally looks like around the lot

HA!  No no never that. Terrible idea.

4 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

730am..lower lot..750am lineup for first 6pack..

lol I'm confused by this post Doug.

4 minutes ago, antman12 said:

HA!  No no never that. Terrible idea.

lol I'm confused by this post Doug.

First of all antman I only answer to GrilledSteezeSandwich..what's hard to understand we get to the lower lot at 730am and wait for the 6pack to open at 750am do you need me to explain it to you in Spanish??

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, antman12 said:

I didn't ask about times Doug. I only asked if the lots were patrolled early. Maybe if I wrote my post in Spanish you could comprehend it?

🍆🍆🍆🍆🍆🍆🍆🍆🍆🍆🍆🍆🍆🍆🍆

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

1 hour ago, SallyCat said:

Shite it's crowded. Lift lines beyond the turnstyles. Place is lousy with teenagers. 

Is VIP line any better?  Night skiing kids I think of as aggro beginners.  In a few weeks ski clubs are done. Monday and Tuesday nights not many ski club kids..Wednesdays and Thursdays there's a lot friday is next level I usually don't ski Friday nights cause I'm there first thing Saturday 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

friday is next level I

Word. I don't usually ski Friday, so wasn't expecting this. 

May be there tomorrow; hopefully. Just need to wrestle some paperwork to the mat. 

EDIT: Nah, there was no VIP line and no crowd control/traffic direction at the lift line.

Edited by SallyCat

8 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

You weren't at Blue when Beau was in charge of traffic control for the six pack. He was a legend and his short pole and ability to count to 6 in multiple combinations made him great at his job.  You six come on out..5 and one..4 and two singles..4 and 2..3 and 3...3,2,1..2,2,2 and my favorite 6 singles..I even ate one of his famous Jell-O shots a few years ago at the end of season party and didn't trip balls 🏀 

IMG_2599.JPG

QFT!  Beau was the best.  Just like Blue to shit-can a good, hard worker.  Sometimes you have to look past the quirks, everyone's got em.
I'm way too scared to try any of his Jell-o shots.  I want to get home without seeing strange things crawling out of the air vents and such.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, indiggio said:

Better get out first thing, they keep upping the start time of the r**n... :angry:

Yup it says 1pm showers and supposed to last until Sunday night.  Wow just wow.  Anyway I'll enjoy the skiing and mild temperatures this morning and won't need any SPF 45

• Like 1