1 minute ago, AtomicSkier said:

Are you sure your first name isn't Jerry?

It's actually funny how the names can sound. Take Jerry for instance. Something bright, goofy, with a big smile, almost sunny, hence positive. And take a Snob on the other hand. Not a name? Ah, too bad, some could certainly wear it. Snobbishly.

2 minutes ago, eaf said:

It's actually funny how the names can sound. Take Jerry for instance. Something bright, goofy, with a big smile, almost sunny, hence positive. And take a Snob on the other hand. Not a name? Ah, too bad, some could certainly wear it. Snobbishly.

wow, shots fired!  You got me right where it hurts!  

You pretend to be a know-it-all about skiing and ski equipment but have no fucking clue what touring bindings are.  Maybe you should start listening to what we're saying.  Perhaps you'd learn something.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, AtomicSkier said:

wow, shots fired!  You got me right where it hurts!  

You pretend to be a know-it-all about skiing and ski equipment but have no fucking clue what touring bindings are.  Maybe you should start listening to what we're saying.  Perhaps you'd learn something.

Who's "pretend to be a know-it-all" here? Humble as it can get! Never call Jerry a Jerry and always bow down when someone enters through a VIP gate.

On the Lady Site we would call Eaf a "mansplainer," but not to his face because we're too polite and we'd want to give him space to grow and evolve into his best self.  

This site is more like nature itself; if you fuck up, the consequences will be immediate and painful. And you will lash out in anger, but nature won't care. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, SallyCat said:

Humility and gratitude go a long way here, man.

Was that addressed to me? Humility here actually gets you nowhere. I've seen it myself several times how you start punching yourself for being a bad skier (I myself think you're mostly pretending all the time, for you can ski 10 hours straight, and it's hard to do it if you're that bad), and that just triggers an awkward silence or a pat on the back. This forum is for dirt racing, those who want to go long way are better off on a pugski highway.

9 minutes ago, SallyCat said:

On the Lady Site we would call Eaf a "mansplainer," but not to his face because we're too polite and we'd want to give him space to grow and evolve into his best self.  

This site is more like nature itself; if you fuck up, the consequences will be immediate and painful. And you will lash out in anger, but nature won't care. 

Yes, that's why I'm not registered at divas. I slouch when I take my morning tea. But I do think it's you who have mixed up words this time. I can't be more the opposite of a mainsplainer, but I do see how you can get a feeling of it generally here.

4 minutes ago, eaf said:

Was that addressed to me? Humility here actually gets you nowhere. I've seen it myself several times how you start punching yourself for being a bad skier (I myself think you're mostly pretending all the time, for you can ski 10 hours straight, and it's hard to do it if you're that bad), and that just triggers an awkward silence or a pat on the back. This forum is for dirt racing, those who want to go long way are better off on a pugski highway.

NO. YOU. DINT. :rofl

I'm 49 years old and this is my second full season of skiing. I've seen video of myself and received feedback from instructors and friends who are better than me. What you call punching myself, I call self-awareness combined with making an effort not to sound like an asshole. 90% of my posts here are for entertainment and because I'm sitting next to a pile of essays I don't really want to grade. I also find self-deprecating humor to be enjoyable because at my age I don't really give a shit what people think of me, and there is real humor in starting an "adventure" sport (or sitting at bars, or learning to mountain bike) in late middle age, so why pretend that there isn't?  And if you don't like it, scroll on by. I don't care about my stats (except for that one time when I beat Steeze in "likes" for the week! :rock)

You're not registered at the Diva site because if I'm not mistaken, you are a male and boys aren't allowed. 

• Haha 3

25 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Not if a moderator puts you on timeout!!!  Play nice Eaf!!!

On what grounds? Are there rules on this forum? This place isn't a "how do you do?" hall, not a library full of tech info or publications, it's 90% random talk and post-factum trail reports. Oh, there are some stats too, which is ironic because in one thread people could teach salty how he's not a skier because he values his vertical stats over everything else, and in another they can bitch over a day vs night entry at BM.

This forum would be invaluable as a source of local info and deals for tons of people, most of them don't even care to post here and browse anonymous. But inevitably such threads are hijacked and get drown in talks about food, salty teasing, RTM, 170s, etc. You're the main offender, btw. And moderators are busy editing salty's tags.

4 minutes ago, SallyCat said:

You're not registered at the Diva site because if I'm not mistaken, you are a male and boys aren't allowed. 

Seriously??? Is that enforced at divas?? Wow, I've seen only one forum so far with a girly section. There were two mods, a guy for the whole forum and a girl for just the girls. So she really took an effort of verifying that every poster in that privileged section was indeed a girl. That's it. So disappointed in divas. One less ski forum for me :(