3 minutes ago, eaf said:

Yep, with a rifle behind my back, constantly on a watch out for bears.

Seriously though, skiing was part of regular physical education. Twice a week we were bringing skis to school and then instead of regular gym activities or running would circle in a park or ravine nearby. And those were 100% wood skis. Before the season's start we'd cover the bases with a tar like substance and would heat the entire ski over the oven to saturate the wood. Used it in place of wax. Nice smell too.

Nothing close to that in any of my gym classes, we did have crab soccer.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I went to middle school next to a bowling alley so we had bowling in gym and I'd come home smelling like cigarette smoke. In college I took bowling as my two phys ed requirements. 

My brother took bowling in college too.

2 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I went to middle school next to a bowling alley so we had bowling in gym and I'd come home smelling like cigarette smoke. In college I took bowling as my two phys ed requirements. 

3 minutes ago, zzslope said:

Nothing close to that in any of my gym classes, we did have crab soccer.

Those were good days. The amazing part, as I see it now, was that it was all going on not in some remote village in Siberia, but within Moscow city limits. It's like living in NYC and skiing in Central Park with school. IIRC we had a 5km race test at the end.

1 minute ago, eaf said:

Those were good days. The amazing part, as I see it now, was that it was all going on not in some remote village in Siberia, but within Moscow city limits. It's like living in NYC and skiing in Central Park with school. IIRC we had a 5km race test at the end.

The buildings in Moscow with the twisty colorfull roofs are cool.

Hey, at least their brakes hold. I knew you were being sarcastic, and so was I. You coming to CB to try RTMs would be like, IDK, a vampire coming out to a daylight. That would be the last time anybody would see you here.
But speaking of brakes... I saw a guy yesterday at Montage, and he was going up the Fastrack on what looked like alpine skis with touring bindings (his heels were not attached). He was literally just ignoring the lift and was marching up the slope with a backpack. Maybe it was his Pizza day resolution to climb Montage that way, IDK.
What looked weird was that he was going up like he was going cross country, with his skis parallel. And yet he never slipped. How was it possible?

I think you are being sarcastic but if not:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ski_skins

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

44 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Eaf if you hate PASR that much then post elsewhere. Personally I think you can provide a lot to the site but you insist on calling out the nuances that you don't like which isn't going to do you any favors. You clearly love the sport and that's cool.

Jeff's right. PASR isn't epic (RIP) or AZ or Pugski. PASR is a group of people who care more about just having fun skiing, regardless of where, and less about centimeters or ankle flex. It's a group of people who watched me get a fucking tetanus shot in a hospital lobby because they give a shit. That's what PASR is. It doesn't need more organization or stricter rules. It definitely doesn't need a corporate sponsor or any BS like that. It needs to stay the way it is IMO.

Who both watch you get a tetus shot in a hospital lobby and then take your picture with a nick brace on :P

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AtomicSkier said:

Who both watch you get a tetus shot in a hospital lobby and then take your picture with a nick brace on :P

Who watched him get a tetenus shot?  I had to see a fat Mexican woman in the waiting room and saw that the hospital at the Jackson hole airport has the cheapest chicken quesadillas in Teton county

3 hours ago, RidgeRacer said:

Eaf if you hate PASR that much then post elsewhere.

Hey, that I never said. If I remember correctly, things have unrolled today in about this way... 

Jeff called me a Jerry, and I hit him where it hurt most. GSS offered me a ban on behalf of the fallen comrade, and I graciously declined saying that there are finer folks standing in front of me, himself included. Sally tried to give a piece of advice on how to behave and stay on the right way, and I rebutted that the only way here is the PASR way or highway, so no need to try. She then threatened to gossip about me on the diva forum, and I attempted to mend things by calling her hot. That's where things got serious and she snapped that if she wanted to be hot, it would't be for me, rather only for another diva or GSS the General. In between we talked about cathedrals in Moscow and 5km races. Finally I took my car out where it instantly fogged from inside out, realized that it's summer and 60F, and fell into depression.

Now, all of those things did happen today. But me hating PASR? Never.

Edited by eaf
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SallyCat said:

LOL! That was either auto-correct or my soul wouldn't let me type it!

EDIT: Aha, it's auto-correct, that's why you cut-and-pasted, you evil, illiterate genius!

Neat huh?  You’re welcome.  Pasting image words is lame shit  

Edited by RootDKJ
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

37 minutes ago, RootDKJ said:

Neat huh?  You’re welcome.  Pasting image words is lame shit  

I created an online guest book for a local business and had lots of fun with the filter. When people complained about the owner, it would say "great one" instead of his name. Also negative words like "suck" were changed to "awesome", or something to that effect. It was great seeing complaints filled with positive and enthusiastic words.

Edited by saltyant
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, SallyCat said:

Thought about a flow chart, but today really only followed one downward trajectory.

7.     Eaf benefits from Sally’s Montage ticket thread but weirdly insults her for being helpful by suggesting that she won’t be polite/helpful in the future (legal precedent here? Johnny Law?)

I believe eaf also “blamed” this site for almost missing out on a $14 lift ticket. Correct me if im wrong, but did i really read that?  

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

I believe eaf also “blamed” this site for almost missing out on a $14 lift ticket. Correct me if im wrong, but did i really read that?  

Yeah and I post about the $14 lift ticket deal and it was on Facebook for weeks..also Eaf gets the same card that Ski2Live gets from a NJ ski club and buys multi day ticket packs.  I really despise cheap people..frugal is one thing you don't wanna be wasteful but fucking cheap mofos penny pinching is something else.  

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich