10 minutes ago, Shadows said:

What does that place look like when its not caked in snow? What do bad days look like

"Bad days" are caked in snow.  But you can't see where the hell you are. 

25734097_10155886640807488_7678047638683

10 minutes ago, Barb said:

Looks so much better than Colorado right now. I have family in Columbia Falls and they have said they are getting tired of shoveling snow. 

This is almost a month back.  More now.  Husband on the injured list from shovelling.

IMG_20180203_104216.jpg

Edited by sibhusky
  • Like 1

Lake Louise is more gorgeous.  Less snow I think... Yeah, only 77", Sunshine at 72.  I think they are open later than us.  Maybe a month later.  We've got a griz issue.

Then again, they've got a passport issue and, I hear, DUI screening.  But the loonie is still pretty low, so $ might be okay.

Edited by sibhusky

10 minutes ago, SallyCat said:

Yesterday I agreed with something Eaf, said and now this thread has returned to actual information about Western ski conditions. What a world. 

I'm not sure what you're surprised of all of a sudden. How was your interview?

12 minutes ago, eaf said:

I'm not sure what you're surprised of all of a sudden. How was your interview?

I was only kidding, E.

Interview was fine, thanks for asking. The town was gorgeous, but the job wasn't really a good fit for me, so it was all kind of exhausting and disappointing.  But I tried a few good local beers, met some really great people, saw a new part of the country, so not a total bust. I'd definitely like to take my MTB Parks Pass on the road and spend some time mountain biking out there during the summer. 

Edited by SallyCat

Hey, speaking of western snow conditions, has anyone ever rented a car through a service called Turo? I gather it's like AirBnB but for cars, and with insurance. I need to rent a 4wd with snow tires in Reno this weekend, and the airport rental companies won't guarantee tires/drive train. Turo lets you pick the specific vehicle, and I talked to the owner, so I know it's good to go. Just wondering if anyone had any experience working through them. 

2 minutes ago, SallyCat said:

Hey, speaking of western snow conditions, has anyone ever rented a car through a service called Turo? I gather it's like AirBnB but for cars, and with insurance. I need to rent a 4wd with snow tires in Reno this weekend, and the airport rental companies won't guarantee tires/drive train. Turo lets you pick the specific vehicle, and I talked to the owner, so I know it's good to go. Just wondering if anyone had any experience working through them. 

No idea on Turo. I don't think most rental cars have snow tires. I don't see why they wouldn't guarantee 4wd though. 

10 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

No idea on Turo. I don't think most rental cars have snow tires. I don't see why they wouldn't guarantee 4wd though. 

Even 4wd alone would leave me in a jam if there were chain controls on I-80. Unless the rental place also rented chains, which I have no idea how to install. If you have 4wd and snow tires, you don't need chains. Much easier. 

3 hours ago, SallyCat said:

Even 4wd alone would leave me in a jam if there were chain controls on I-80. Unless the rental place also rented chains, which I have no idea how to install. If you have 4wd and snow tires, you don't need chains. Much easier. 

I think someone once told me mountainous rental areas are required to at least offer chains to you; denver, slc etc.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Shadows said:

I think someone once told me mountainous rental areas are required to at least offer chains to you; denver, slc etc.

I dont think this is the case.  I am pretty sure chains are frowned upon by rental companies.  There may actually be some verbiage in their contract that says chains are not allowed.  Unfortunately all season radials have replaced snow tires.   

• Like 1