24 minutes ago, SallyCat said:

NO. YOU. DINT. :rofl

I'm 49 years old and this is my second full season of skiing. I've seen video of myself and received feedback from instructors and friends who are better than me. What you call punching myself, I call self-awareness combined with making an effort not to sound like an asshole. 90% of my posts here are for entertainment and because I'm sitting next to a pile of essays I don't really want to grade. I also find self-deprecating humor to be enjoyable because at my age I don't really give a shit what people think of me, and there is real humor in starting an "adventure" sport (or sitting at bars, or learning to mountain bike) in late middle age, so why pretend that there isn't?  And if you don't like it, scroll on by. I don't care about my stats (except for that one time when I beat Steeze in "likes" for the week! :rock)

You're not registered at the Diva site because if I'm not mistaken, you are a male and boys aren't allowed. 

Yeah no boys allowed Eaf stay in the locker room with your boyfriends. 

7 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Eaf you just have a very abrasive personality and are very negative.  Being a giant Jerry makes for good entertainment.  

Look who's talking! I'm posting a funny picture of a rope lift on top Kriegerhorn, you're reposting it under Montage along with a bunch of typical jerrying, gapering and what not. There must be a secret stats area on this site for daily usage of "Jerry". The winner gets to board the first chair next day.

25 minutes ago, eaf said:

On what grounds? Are there rules on this forum? This place isn't a "how do you do?" hall, not a library full of tech info or publications, it's 90% random talk and post-factum trail reports. Oh, there are some stats too, which is ironic because in one thread people could teach salty how he's not a skier because he values his vertical stats over everything else, and in another they can bitch over a day vs night entry at BM.

This forum would be invaluable as a source of local info and deals for tons of people, most of them don't even care to post here and browse anonymous. But inevitably such threads are hijacked and get drown in talks about food, salty teasing, RTM, 170s, etc. You're the main offender, btw. And moderators are busy editing salty's tags.

Main offender..do you read my Blue reports, Jackson hole reports..pictures etc??  I admit I did like your st. Anton report. It was like the anithesis of the boys Chamonix report..mainly herb routes and human centipede on rope tows. 

2 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Main offender..do you read my Blue reports, Jackson hole reports..pictures etc??  I admit I did like your st. Anton report. It was like the anithesis of the boys Chamonix report..mainly herb routes and human centipede on rope tows. 

Yeah, I do. But unless I'm on top of things and constantly looking I can easily miss out things like a cheap ticket announcement or season pass sale date that gets mentioned in the middle of some random thread and instantly gets buried in some other talk. Some organization and discipline for such things would make the forum so much better.

3 minutes ago, eaf said:

Yeah, I do. But unless I'm on top of things and constantly looking I can easily miss out things like a cheap ticket announcement or season pass sale date that gets mentioned in the middle of some random thread and instantly gets buried in some other talk. Some organization and discipline for such things would make the forum so much better.

This isn't epicski, alpinezone, pugski, etc.  Sorry.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, eaf said:

How did you find out about the $14 ticket at Blue back in january?  How did you find out about the half price deal at Montage?? How will you find out what Blue will be charging for season passes on 2/21?

1 minute ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

How did you find out about the $14 ticket at Blue back in january?  How did you find out about the half price deal at Montage?? How will you find out what Blue will be charging for season passes on 2/21?

I almost missed the $14 ticket and had to stop by at home to grab my skis. Deal at Montage was properly announced, but that's because that was Sally, she simply can't fully shake off her divine manners while she's hanging out here. Soon she'll be posting deals under the Gear section. And yes, I'm like salty hitting F5 in anticipation of the season pass price.

1 minute ago, eaf said:

Deal at Montage was properly announced, but that's because that was Sally, she simply can't fully shake off her divine manners while she's hanging out here. Soon she'll be posting deals under the Gear section.

You seem nice.

2 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Did you ski to school back in Russia??   

Yep, with a rifle behind my back, constantly on a watch out for bears.

Seriously though, skiing was part of regular physical education. Twice a week we were bringing skis to school and then instead of regular gym activities or running would circle in a park or ravine nearby. And those were 100% wood skis. Before the season's start we'd cover the bases with a tar like substance and would heat the entire ski over the oven to saturate the wood. Used it in place of wax. Nice smell too.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, eaf said:

Yep, with a rifle behind my back, constantly on a watch out for bears.

Seriously though, skiing was part of regular physical education. Twice a week we were bringing skis to school and then instead of regular gym activities or running would circle in a park or ravine nearby. And those were 100% wood skis. Before the season's start we'd cover the bases with a tar like substance and would heat the entire ski over the oven to saturate the wood. Used it in place of wax. Nice smell too.

Any chance Donald trump is gonna send you back??