2/9 - Still winter in Pocono

eaf

5 minutes ago, SallyCat said:

I wouldn't tell anyone; wouldn't want to be self-deprecating after all, it makes Eaf feel sad. 

Hey, I haven't seen you. I can only build your character by what you're saying about yourself. So brighten it up a little. You're a hot ski diva who can't just go to a bar w/o walking out with a number on a napkin every time.

Just now, eaf said:

Hey, I haven't seen you. I can only build your character by what you're saying about yourself. So brighten it up a little. You're a hot ski diva who can't just go to a bar w/o walking out with a number on a napkin every time.

If I were hot, the story wouldn't have been funny to me and I wouldn't have shared it because that would be obnoxious. The point of telling the story was in its humorous absurdity. 

You should tell women to "brighten it up" a lot, we like being reminded that our appearance and personalities ought to be curated largely to please men. And that we should never, ever joke about ourselves because boys might not like us. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, SallyCat said:

If I were hot, the story wouldn't have been funny to me and I wouldn't have shared it because that would be obnoxious. The point of telling the story was in its humorous absurdity. 

You should tell women to "brighten it up" a lot, we like being reminded that our appearance and personalities ought to be curated largely to please men. And that we should never, ever joke about ourselves because boys might not like us. 

Don't you twist it around. This has nothing to do with your sex.

You call all the fellas here "hot ski divas"? 

Lol. Peace out, Eaf. I gotta go grade papers.

I'm saying, stop criticizing yourself all the time. There is of course stereotyping in the "hot ski diva" but not in the way how you're trying to present it. You obviously don't have to please men with your skiing grace or hotness (this topic would really be a hit on some feminist forum), but I find it hard (or interesting) to believe that you may be getting a kick out of persistently portraying yourself, and actually taking effort to draw every subtle detail of that portrait, just so that everybody would be absolutely clear, as the opposite of the image that somehow felt so offensive to you.

22 minutes ago, SallyCat said:

Women also like to be told to smile.  It used to be that if a woman asked if her butt looked big the correct answer was,"No honey it looks skinny" now the correct answer is,"oogly moogly that thang iz juicy" 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, eaf said:

I'm saying, stop criticizing yourself all the time. There is of course stereotyping in the "hot ski diva" but not in the way how you're trying to present it. You obviously don't have to please men with your skiing grace or hotness (this topic would really be a hit on some feminist forum), but I find it hard (or interesting) to believe that you may be getting a kick out of persistently portraying yourself, and actually taking effort to draw every subtle detail of that portrait, just so that everybody would be absolutely clear, as the opposite of the image that somehow felt so offensive to you.

I for one welcome this thread's new Steezy Overlord!

Eaf, I wrote a post about the napkin that I thought was funny, but then I realized that if you don't really know me it sounded like I was being all "I'm kind of a big deal blah, blah I have all the napkins...."  So I corrected (in your view overcorrected; fair enough) by clarifying that I'm pretty plain-looking and old and was dressed in baggy ski gear, and am happily single, so it was pretty funny that a teenager would give me his number.

Whether something is funny to others is not up to me. I do my best. I think that post was an example of bad writing, which actually bothers me. It could have been shorter, clearer, and punchier. I'm annoyed about that. 

Being single and plain-looking does not bother me. I am perfectly cheery, thankyouverymuch!  

Edited by SallyCat

Just now, saltyant said:

Tracks Tracks Tracks Tracks Tracks Tracks 

Keep it up and I'll give you my lecture on the history of the umlaut. 

No, not here. On a chairlift. When you'd rather be talking to Steeze.  I will block you from the PASR chair and monopolize the entire ride talking about medieval Latin until you cry. 

• Haha 1

No, not here. On a chairlift. When you'd rather be talking to Steeze.  I will block you from the PASR chair and monopolize the entire ride talking about medieval Latin until you cry. 

Oh, that's what happened in the bar...

No worries. I’d betcha a beer that I spend more time in front of a computer than salty does. 

Oh oh and I’d love to hear the history lesson, but only if there’s lift beers involved. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, SallyCat said:

I for one welcome this thread's new Steezy Overlord!

Eaf, I wrote a post about the napkin that I thought was funny, but then I realized that if you don't really know me it sounded like I was being all "I'm kind of a big deal blah, blah I have all the napkins...."  So I corrected (in your view overcorrected; fair enough) by clarifying that I'm pretty plain-looking and old and was dressed in baggy ski gear, and am happily single, so it was pretty funny that a teenager would give me his number.

Whether something is funny to others is not up to me. I do my best. I think that post was an example of bad writing, which actually bothers me. It could have been shorter, clearer, and punchier. I'm annoyed about that. 

Being single and plain-looking does not bother me. I am perfectly cheery, thankyouverymuch!  

When you originally posted the napkin story,  my read was that you were seeing the humor in it, not the big deal blah, blah thing.

16 minutes ago, zzslope said:

When you originally posted the napkin story,  my read was that you were seeing the humor in it, not the big deal blah, blah thing.

Ah, that's good. Then I needn't have qualified it. 

Still feel like I can talk about myself any goddamned way I want regardless of Eaf's concern for my emotional wellbeing!  :D

And @RootDKJ I always have pocket beer after 11am. Currently in the rotation is 21st Amendment Brewery's Blood Orange IPA. 

7 minutes ago, SallyCat said:

Aww, quit being so hard on yourself, Dollface, I bet all the girls think you're an amazing skier.

Thanks, sweetie, but I wouldn't deserve it. Please take it easy with that pocket IPA. And be sure to take the skis off if the lodge happens to be too far. I heard hilarious stories along those lines.