TR 2/10/18 - flat light/ crowds

guitar73

1 minute ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Mountain creek has great horizontal. 

Did you derive this part from the map, aerial shot or tea on the bottom of your cup? True skiers will never be seen at MC for they'll feel like cows on ice on Granite Peak. Which is indeed icy.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, guitar73 said:

mountain creek....an entire mtn of jerries....

[bows]

Btw, can someone explain to me please why the hell are BM's card readers so lame and slow? I mean, MC has exactly the same system, and the cards are read in a blink of an eye. In Austria there were RFID readers all over the place and I never ever had to wait for the card to be scanned. But at BM I regularly have to spend 5 secs until it finally detects the card in my sleeve. No other cards or phones anywhere near, and yet it just takes its sweet time. Every time.

4 minutes ago, eaf said:

[bows]

Btw, can someone explain to me please why the hell are BM's card readers so lame and slow? I mean, MC has exactly the same system, and the cards are read in a blink of an eye. In Austria there were RFID readers all over the place and I never ever had to wait for the card to be scanned. But at BM I regularly have to spend 5 secs until it finally detects the card in my sleeve. No other cards or phones anywhere near, and yet it just takes its sweet time. Every time.

Take it to the blue thread

• Like 2

back on topic.....so apparently today there was a ton of groups at the mtn. not only was there the adult racing going on, there was a college rail jam competition going on, a psia training event, and a ski patrol training thing.  also, there was an airboarding convention going on...had to watch out for thems.

One unbelievable and yet typical thing from that thread is the never ending comparison to the True Blue. Everybody who has common sense is saying that BM is a murder scene on a weekend, and yet "but if you leave before 10... but if you squeeze yourself to the far left after the gates... but if you're a VIP... but it's an express..."

Cry about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

Eooooooooooheooooie

You're right and I apologise.

There isn't much going on in the BM section. A teaser pic of a monoski, a typically exhaustive list of all the lodge inhabitants and a meteo of trail condition.

In comparison Montage rocks today.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, guitar73 said:

so about crowds at montage....there usually aren't any. so what you saw today is a busy day for montage. and i'm ok with that. i'd prefer to not have to deal with tru blue on the weekend.  it's been nice having upper and lower fast track open and the long haul lift running. i did a few laps on the long haul today and it was good. the north face lift is my fav in PA. doesn't feel like PA at all down there. ROTD was boomer, but WL was shaping up nicely towards the end of the day. a few dudes had the right idea and had set up a small grill at the top of the north face lift and were tailgating there. you could smell it halfway up the lift.  good times.

Exactly

• Like 1

10 hours ago, SallyCat said:

Hunter is just as crowded as Blue on weekends. 

Only one lift at Hunter ever gets say half as crowded as the lifts at Blue. If you stick to the advanced stuff on Hunter West you will only wait in a line the one time you take the lift from the base area. And it is way more advanced than anything at Blue. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Only one lift at Hunter ever gets say half as crowded as the lifts at Blue. If you stick to the advanced stuff on Hunter West you will only wait in a line the one time you take the lift from the base area. And it is way more advanced than anything at Blue. 

That's good to know! I'm still a plodding intermediate so I'm stuck in line with the masses for now. Working hard, though. 

One unbelievable and yet typical thing from that thread is the never ending comparison to the True Blue. Everybody who has common sense is saying that BM is a murder scene on a weekend, and yet "but if you leave before 10... but if you squeeze yourself to the far left after the gates... but if you're a VIP... but it's an express..."
Oh cool... It's Groundhog day.
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:
11 hours ago, eaf said:

Oh cool... It's Groundhog day.

Eaf hates on blue yet skis there the most and has a blast while skiing Blue.  Yo VIP kick it!!

1 hour ago, SallyCat said:

That's good to know! I'm still a plodding intermediate so I'm stuck in line with the masses for now. Working hard, though. 

There is a lift on the East side that covers the top 2/3 of the mountain and doesn't get real crowded as well. You need to be able to ski some of the easier blacks to access that, so if you are stuck on Belt Parkway it won't help you.

There is also one trail on the west side ("way out" I believe) which is either a tough blue or easy black.

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RidgeRacer said:
1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:
Eaf hates on blue yet skis there the most and has a blast while skiing Blue.  Yo VIP kick it!!

I dont think he hates blue as much as the fact that we all don't.

Ridge how did your doctors appointment go Friday?  Any good news?

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:
34 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:
Ridge how did your doctors appointment go Friday?  Any good news?

Good... Stitches are out. Dr said the people in Jackson did an amazing job with the stitches making sure that there would be no scarring. Props to St. John's! Going to see the Ortho this week. Best news thus far is that I feel really good, as in I'm not in pain, feel like I can move normally etc but being careful and taking it slow obviously. Still in neck brace for now.

Great news. Any PT required? 

Heal fast Dom. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RidgeRacer said:
2 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I dont think he hates blue as much as the fact that we all don't.

I hate crowds and commute. I freely admin that BM has the best terrain of all mountains that are close to me.

• Confused 1