2/10/18...hero snow.

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Hey All,

I'm back from another fun session at Blue mountain the true mountain. I arrived at the  bottom lot around 725 and it was 34 degrees and overcast with fog on th upper 1/4 of the mountain.  In the house were Atomic Jeff, JFBBDan, Matt Edge, Johnny Law, Indiggio, Tarponhead, MBike Mike, GSSucks, Ty, Nastar Glenn and many others. 

Firat run on challenge was great packed powder..maybe a little sticky on the flats but pretty nice. Sidewinder was a carpet early on very nice and Switchback third run was a hoot and hollering good time. I repeated Switchback several more times. Per usual Main Street was good on top not bad but choppy on bottom. Lazy mile was pretty nice fast enough and good snow and grooming. 

I tried barneys bumps which were hot and cold. Didn't ski the challenge or chute bumps. In the lot there was a cool wrapped truck with x man or some sort of green action figure..I'm out of touch like my fourth favorite Hall and Oates songs.  Had some parking lot beers..cheered on PASRs own monoskier GSSucks and drank more beer. 
IMG_2601.thumb.JPG.01591b61c277b0a0b2efa27bcc14adf3.JPG

That monoski is so sick! I have many questions for gss sucks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, eaf said:

less

"fewer."

This forum can tolerate the use of the word "trax" or the confusion of fewer/less. But not both. 

:D

Also that was pro-bono grammatical feedback; I won't even charge you whatever percentage of $27,000 that was worth.

Edited by SallyCat
Sliding pay scale

2 minutes ago, SallyCat said:

"fewer."

This forum can tolerate the use of the word "trax" or the confusion of fewer/less. But not both. 

:D

Also that was pro-bono grammatical feedback; I won't even charge you whatever percentage of $27,000 that was worth.

Maybe I had their length in mind, not count ;)

• Haha 1

Very strange day today....
Bumps were actually pretty good, which let to 3 women asking Tarpon to teach them how to ski them, which led to some parking lot tailgating and camaraderie.

I'm still reeling from this (or maybe it was the parking lot beers), as stuff like this just doesn't normally happen.  
Anyone notice any weird, space-time continuum disturbances or anything?

Edited by indiggio
  • Like 3

Hey all,

pulled into the lower lot at exactly 730. Suited and booted waiting for the lift at 755 and had the last lift up before dozens of emptys. The fog up top was crazy for the first few runs. I rode the six pack 12 times with a good mix of sidewinder, lazy mile and Burma rode ultimately ending up in the lower terrain park. Jump line and rail lines were fun like always. I miss sidewinder as a terrain park :(. I really think the rain held off the crowds, granted I left at 1115ish.

IDK if this video attachment will work. I had my GoPro out for the first time but unfortunately had to hold it in my hand. Needless to say you can't really see much and might get dizzy lol. This is back to back FS 360s on the lower jump line. 

It was a great morning and I'm already looking at next weekend:ph34r:.

IMG_0574.MOV

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, antman12 said:

IDK if this video attachment will work. I had my GoPro out for the first time but unfortunately had to hold it in my hand. Needless to say you can't really see much and might get dizzy lol. This is back to back FS 360s on the lower jump line. 

It was a great morning and I'm already looking at next weekend:ph34r:.

Wow I'm dizzy, oh wait, I'm drunk, huh?, yikes!

Glad you had a good time!

Saturday morning's fog caused one skier to take quite an intense fall on challenge. He did not know there were bumps on skiers left, at about the half way point on the headwall he skied into the bumps at high speed, fell and bounced off of 2 or 3 of them then slid off the trail stopping just short of hitting one of the light poles. It was obvious by his movements that he had at  least knocked the wind out of himself. When we reached the top we told the lift attendant that he was laying down there. On the next trip up he was not there so hopefully he was unhurt. Worst crash I have seen in a long time. On a lighter note, the bumps on challenge, nightmare and main street were great. All but one of my trips down the hill were bump runs. Got me thinking about adding a set of mogul skis to my quiver, hmmm. Lots of fun skiing the bumps on nightmare then the skier cross track on dreamweaver in the same run.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, zzslope said:

I am hearing good things about Shamans. 

You can try my Harts anytime you like, just hit me up.

Bump skis will make a new skier out of you in the bumps.

Pretty much all the Olympians are now skiing ID Ones, along with Full Tilt boots.

Edited by indiggio

2 hours ago, indiggio said:

You can try my Harts anytime you like, just hit me up.

Bump skis will make a new skier out of you in the bumps.

Pretty much all the Olympians are now skiing ID Ones, along with Full Tilt boots.

Thank you for the offer. Are full tilt boots better than others in bumps or are they just the latest sponsor?  

Thank you for the offer. Are full tilt boots better than others in bumps or are they just the latest sponsor?  

Don’t know if they are better but you can’t argue with the shear number of oly athletes (bumpers) using them. I tried them but I could not get the heel lock in them on my freakish feet. I have Dalbellos which also have the corrugated tongue which is what most dedicated bumpers get (3 buckle design). That said, plenty of smoking bumpers run in 130 race boot type design and do fine

12 hours ago, zzslope said:

Not sure "better" is the best word, appropriate, perhaps?

http://en-us.fulltiltboots.com/about 

Tells the story behind the boots design.

The main reason they wear them is for the progressive flex and rebound of the tongue which helps flex the ankle and also help to prevent shin bang.
Many of the slopestyle skier also like them for the very same reason.
With the standard two piece ski boot design, you have the overlapping cuff which inhibits ankle flex, which to mogul skiers is greatly desired. 
To racers on the other hand, not so much.  Although Bode did give them a whirl
http://unofficialnetworks.com/2016/09/26/bode-miller-pictured-training-on-fulltilt-and-bomber-while-wearing-futuristic-helmet-a/

After skiing both very stiff (Lange, Fischer) boots, I very much prefer the softer tongues of the Full Tilts. 
With softer tongue, I can easily adjust the amount of forward pressure I can put to the shovel of the ski at any point throughout a turn which is something I couldn't do with a stiff boot.

Not to mention, even on the most frigid of days out in the parking lot, putting them on or taking them off is like putting on your favorite pair of slippers or old sneakers.
They just slip right on.  No warming them up or having a coronary trying to push/pull them on or off.

After you mentioned them I researched them on line and everything you said is what they said. They sound very good for bumps and the interchangeable tongue for different flex is great. It was interesting that they are a new age redesign of a boot from the past. I did see some reviews that mentioned inferior buckles on new boots.

1 hour ago, zzslope said:

After you mentioned them I researched them on line and everything you said is what they said. They sound very good for bumps and the interchangeable tongue for different flex is great. It was interesting that they are a new age redesign of a boot from the past. I did see some reviews that mentioned inferior buckles on new boots.

I had a pair of classics and wasn't happy with that buckle design at all.
The adjustment is a little push-button thingy that's impossible to work with a glove on and it's hard to get in place sometimes.  It's just not very good.

The newer boots have the typical micro-adjustment buckles that screw in that most boot manufacturers use.  They work just fine, although the strap anchor placement could be improved, IMHO.

The other good thing about them is that they carry/have replacement parts for the boots that can either be bought online and/or local shops.
The newer boots have replacement bases, so after a few years of walking to the slopes and back wears them down, they're easily replaced.

Edited by indiggio

53 minutes ago, indiggio said:

I had a pair of classics and wasn't happy with that buckle design at all.
The adjustment is a little push-button thingy that's impossible to work with a glove on and it's hard to get in place sometimes.  It's just not very good.

The newer boots have the typical micro-adjustment buckles that screw in that most boot manufacturers use.  They work just fine, although the strap anchor placement could be improved, IMHO.

The other good thing about them is that they carry/have replacement parts for the boots that can either be bought online and/or local shops.
The newer boots have replacement bases, so after a few years of walking to the slopes and back wears them down, they're easily replaced.

I think I remember reading that they had some shock absorption qualities as well. I need new boots so I will look at full tilt closely.