Vt huts association

tarponhead

Heard a great story on the radio about the Vt hut association. They are doing a massive expansion between killi and Stowe adding 12+ huts so back country skiers and mountain bikers can traverse between the the two points. I have a retirement plan!

Not the radio story but linkie all the same

https://vermonthuts.org

• Like 6

Just now, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I didn't know you Mountain biked.  I like the idea of driving from hotel to hotel and riding high speed lifts 

I enjoy riding single track trails just like the ones in the hut video. Most of my childhood was spent riding trails in the woods (now developments) around my house on rigid, banana seated schwinns, with ape hangar handlebars. Now I ride a fully suspended, carbon fiber, tubeless tired cannondale. Still just as much or more fun as the old days. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, zzslope said:

I enjoy riding single track trails just like the ones in the hut video. Most of my childhood was spent riding trails in the woods (now developments) around my house on rigid, banana seated schwinns, with ape hangar handlebars. Now I ride a fully suspended, carbon fiber, tubeless tired cannondale. Still just as much or more fun as the old days. 

Do you ride up at Blue mountain??

50 minutes ago, zzslope said:

Hahahaha, I had a Sting-ray too. 3-speed. Loved riding that rig.

My current rig is just as much fun too.  The trails in that video look prime.

1 hour ago, zzslope said:

Cool! I had a banana seated Schinn also with like a 3' sissy bar on the back.  Could ride wheelies on that thing forever.
Eventually took off the banana seat and sissy bar and converted it to a BMX bike. We also rode trails through the woods and cornfields that we cut out.

2 minutes ago, indiggio said:

Cool! I had a banana seated Schinn also with like a 3' sissy bar on the back.  Could ride wheelies on that thing forever.
Eventually took off the banana seat and sissy bar and converted it to a BMX bike. We also rode trails through the woods and cornfields that we cut out.

I had a huffy and eventually got pegs for it and rode wheelies and did jumps..then got a mountain bike which was stolen and had a Moran mountain bike the first year of college. 

20 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Do you ride up at Blue mountain??

I don't ride at blue, mainly at lake nockamixon and core creek park. The downhill thing looks a little too intense for me, especially the crashing part.

20 hours ago, RootDKJ said:

Hahahaha, I had a Sting-ray too. 3-speed. Loved riding that rig.

My current rig is just as much fun too.  The trails in that video look prime.

A 3 speed was top of the line back then.

19 hours ago, indiggio said:

I forgot about the tall sissy bars. Had to be careful around low hanging branches.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...