2/13...evening edition.

GrilledSteezeSandwich

8 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

damn, come ride with your ol' boy TP4.  we go back like cooked crack

I want to..it's not you it's me..I just have too much happening tomorrow at work and no office manager to delegate to.  I'll ski with you Sunday..I feel bad that the PASRs don't wait for you to strap in..it's discrimination. 

4 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I want to..it's not you it's me..I just have too much happening tomorrow at work and no office manager to delegate to.  I'll ski with you Sunday..I feel bad that the PASRs don't wait for you to strap in..it's discrimination. 

"Don't feel sorry for me, cause there's some kids in Somalia with nothing to eat, mother fucker!"  -Young Buck

5 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I should have gone. I've been at work for an hour and a half and the phone hasn't even rung yet...

you guys dont advertise? i dont and my phone never rings.

every job ive gotten since i started was me going in person or following up. i always initiated the sale. would be nice to have people call me :(

11 minutes ago, Shadows said:

every job ive gotten since i started was me going in person or following up. i always initiated the sale. would be nice to have people call me :(

90% of our business is through funeral homes and the other 10% is walk ins..calls can be funeral homes asking questions, existing customers calling to make changes to proofs, checking status and people calling to set up appointments. As the weather gets nicer walk in business increases. If somebody showed up now I'd sit with them in the office and if another family showed up while I'm with first family I'd have them come back in an hour or set up an appointment since our office is small and we can only meet with one family at once.  

I sell a lot of tombstones via the phone, mail and email to out of state people as well. They typically pay with credit card over the phone and when the job is completed I send them a picture.  Those are my favorites. 

We dont currently advertise. In the past we've advertised in the morning call, funeral directors magazine, church and synagogue directories. Most of our marketing budget goes to a quarterly mailer to about 1,000 funeral homes. If we get one new dealer who sells one average priced memorial stone it pays for the mailer. Plus it keeps our name out there.  Most monument companies solicit families from the obituaries..we don't. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

1 hour ago, Shadows said:

You really should turn your vans into moving billboards. Need some qwirky phrase that people would associate with your name. Theres a plumber running around locally with “a flush beats a full house” on his vans.  Pretty rememberable. 

23 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

You really should turn your vans into moving billboards. Need some qwirky phrase that people would associate with your name. Theres a plumber running around locally with “a flush beats a full house” on his vans.  Pretty rememberable. 

yea i got to do logo/branding work. my thing is windows but i did more quotes this month for commercial cleaning so not sure which way to go with this honestly. 

. 90% of the big window guys just use blank vans or have rust buckets with super old run down wraps. the whole branding/slogan thing is really only good for residential stuff. property managers/owners dont care how cool your logo is.

plus you know, competition seeing your trucks on site/around town and going after that account

Edited by Shadows

1 hour ago, JFskiDan said:

Windows so clear you'll swear it's HD

• Like 1