Spring Mt Snow experience?

antman12

We were there about 5 years ago for Mt Snow open. That's in mid March. Conditions were nice, it was cold, but not too cold. Everything was open. Just check when you want to go, they do a big snowboard competition, I think beginning of March. And skiing competition couple weeks later. Some of the park would be closed for set up and comp. 

39 minutes ago, SallyCat said:

Doesn't Mt. Snow have some sort of Reggae Fest around that time? Might want to check that date, either to enjoy or avoid it. 

It could be really fun this year, considering VT finally legalized marijuana. 

• Like 2

I am heading up Middle of March.  Booked a room for three nights at Snow Lake Lodge.  Great Location and price.  The hotel is old but does the job.  Kind of like a college dorm.  I also stayed at Big Bears lodge a little more money but they give a nice made to order breakfast every morning.

There's a woman named Shelley on AirBnB in West Dover who rents rooms in a nice, big house just outside town. I've stayed there a couple of times for $35 a night; she's friendly and helpful; has a sweet old yellow lab who will steal your stuff when you're not looking and then play keep-away with it. Good fun. 

Cup n saucer is great for inexpensive breakfast alongside taciturn Vermonters. 

Good god, Mess, the Snow Lake Lodge is the sleaziest, sketchiest, most hilarious place I've ever paid money to stay. The bar area is like your creepy uncle's basement in 1975. The rooms are a living re-enactment of lower-East-Side tenements, and walking out of there in the morning unscathed feels like an accomplishment!

Edited by SallyCat
  • Like 3

On 2/15/2018 at 9:36 PM, SallyCat said:

There's a woman named Shelley on AirBnB in West Dover who rents rooms in a nice, big house just outside town. I've stayed there a couple of times for $35 a night; she's friendly and helpful; has a sweet old yellow lab who will steal your stuff when you're not looking and then play keep-away with it. Good fun. 

Cup n saucer is great for inexpensive breakfast alongside taciturn Vermonters. 

Good god, Mess, the Snow Lake Lodge is the sleaziest, sketchiest, most hilarious place I've ever paid money to stay. The bar area is like your creepy uncle's basement in 1975. The rooms are a living re-enactment of lower-East-Side tenements, and walking out of there in the morning unscathed feels like an accomplishment!

611997-44.jpg

wow

• 2 weeks later...