2/15/18...warm..sparks...race..rain!!!

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Hey All,

I'm back from another fun session at Blue mountain the true mountain. I arrived at the lower lot around 525pm and matt edge and atomic jeff were already in the house.  I fixed some loose screws and was out on the snow. Had a perpetual IPA the quad ride up in the mid 50s temperatures.  First run barneys bumps which were pretty nice to lower Main Street which was variable from nice spring snow  to crud to harpack. We were then joined by zach who gave me a bells two hearted lift beer..didn't go down as easily as the Perpetual but I finished it before the garbage can. We did sidewinder which was nice spring snow until the last section which was pretty rough and the falls was spicy. 

One run while passing lazy mile on the six pack a snowball whizzed right by my head..I figured there would be some drama but after going down a lightning fast lazy the perpetrators were gone.  Skied chute as well which was glacial ice..on another lazy run sparks were flying off zacks skis..we were then joined by Johnny law and a few runs later matt edge was challenged to race a snowboard dude and he almost lost as snowboard dude was at least 20 yards in front of Edge near the bottom of challenge but snowboarder wiped out and slid off the trail right before the falls and Edge got the win!!! Was great to see..challenge was variable AF!!!

Around 745PM the radar showed rain over hazleton..and by the top of the lift it was raining..skied two more runs including more barneys and also paradise and had another beer in the lot..peaced out. Considering the temperatures the snow was faster and more winterlike than expected and lift lines were almost non existent a minute at the most despite over 20 buses..JADIP!!

amazing that 2.5 hours after this picture was taken it was pouring. 

IMG_2649.JPG

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, guitar73 said:

nothing like running gates in the rain and fog....blerg.  we all were soaked to the bone by the end of the nite. we had a nice GS course set up on razor back, and the course held up surprisingly well given the weather.

Are you a bmr dude? Or is the course just up all the time