2/17..better than expected..

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Hey All,

I'm back from another fun session at Blue mountain the true mountain. I arrived at the lower lot at 720am and it was 23 degrees out under partly sunny sky's. In the house were JFDan, Johnny Law, Atomic Jeff, Matt  Edge, Indiggio, Tarponhead, MBike Mike, Nastar Glenn, Rodney is back and many others. First chair again and Razors was frozen cord but smooth 4.75 out of ten..being generous but got to ski it. Main Street was super nice the first few runs with softer cord and new manmade snow. Lazy also received some new snow which turned conditions from icy death to variable.  

For the first time in the last two weeks I sited nightmare to Dreamweaver and apparently there is a skiercross team so the course will probably stay but at least maintain it..it's goofy. I guess this is war since we got sidewinder you want dreamweaver well barbs bush will be au natural mad river Glen esque..otherwise known as coming soon. 

Switchbaxk was nice..firm and faster than Main Street..challenge was rowdy but still fun..falls had a little fresh manmade as well. It was busy but not as crowded as peak times maybe like 70% of peak..

i then enjoyed some parking lot beers and mbike mike did some grilling in the lot..the food was super good JF Dan also had the best chips ever cheddar horseradish..all in all was a fun day but tomorrow should be a lot better with new snowfall tonight. 

IMG_2664.JPG

IMG_2666.JPG

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

apparently there is a skiercross team so the course will probably stay

Isn't that curvy part of Lower Sidewinder already set up for ski cross? Jesus. what a boondogle messing up NMDW. Blue isn't big enough to host that many teams and push the public onto fewer, more-crowded trails.

I'm definitely not buying a season pass for next year. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, SallyCat said:

Isn't that curvy part of Lower Sidewinder already set up for ski cross? Jesus. what a boondogle messing up NMDW. Blue isn't big enough to host that many teams and push the public onto fewer, more-crowded trails.

I'm definitely not buying a season pass for next year. 

If Switchback wasn't always so good I'd be more pissed but NMDW can be quiet during busy periods. Don't tell anybody..

next year this time you'll be skiing the Rockies probably have an alpine touring fat setup and still post reports here...and Eaf still won't be a ski diva..just a diva. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

3 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

next year this time you'll be skiing the Rockies probably have an alpine touring car setup and still post reports here...

Lol I just figured if Eaf could stomp his feet and refuse to join a forum he's not allowed on, I could huff and flounce away from a season pass I won't be buying anyway! It's a shame to waste a good flounce.  :D  "I said GOOD DAY!" <<door slam>>

Edited by SallyCat

Just now, SallyCat said:

Lol I just figured if Eaf could stomp his feet and refuse to join a forum he's not allowed on, I could huff and flounce away from a season pass I won't be buying anyway! It's a shame to waste a good flounce.  :D

That was high larious..moving can be really exciting. Everyday is a little more interesting not so much Groundhog Day.