2/18...floaty packed powder..3D snow:.crowded..sunny

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Hey All,

I'm back from a fun session at Blue mountain the true mountain. I arrived at the lower lot at 720am and there were already mad PASRs in da hizzle. There were at least 15 PASRs in the house I'm not even gonna list them all because that would be half the report. Temperature was around 30 degrees rising to around 40 under partly sunny sky's. 

The lineup for first chair was long....the longest of the season and I ended up on second civilian chair with TP4. First run on Razors was sweet a carpet of perfect western packed powder. Second run on challenger was the same even deeper PP could almost float woo. 

Overall Main Street and sidewinder had the best snow was nice and playful. Sidewinder was ungroomed and the chute was closed. By 9am lift lines were getting long. I did the quad a few times for shorter lines then the Burma chair. Ended up in the lot fairly early for some beer drinking and soaking in the sun..thanks for the pierogie Sallycat and dank beer Ryan!! Was funny seeing the cluster fuck of people on this busy day. I'll be back next Tuesday night or Wednesday morning. 

• Like 1

Very good conditions today. Bumps were good everywhere especially on switchback. Rode one ride on the six with Nastar Glen. A skier that we were conversing with while in line rode up with us, he ended up between us. As soon as we got on, he tried to put his poles under himself by sort of hopping off the seat, on his third hop he got too close to the front edge of the chair and slid right off into the pond in front of the lift station. I watched in disbelief as he disappeared off of and under the chair, I looked at Glen and he had the same look of disbelief as I. The lift stopped, we looked back, and there he was struggling to stand up in the pond amid a huge roar of hoots and hollers from the crowd in line. The attendants ran to help him and the grateful dead attendant waded into the pond for his skis which got him an ovation from the crowd. Then some of the crowd jokingly turned on us by accusing us of pushing him off the lift, we laughed and shrugged our shoulders at them. On the ride up Glen and I were like, 'wow am I glad he didn't grab either one of us on the way off". We thought his day was over for sure but three runs later there he was back in line. I asked him if he was still wet and he said, "nah I'm good', and rode up with me. 

• Like 5

Oh yeah, when I left at 10:45 the line of cars coming down the mountain waiting to turn into the valley lot stretched half way to the summit entrance. The line waiting to gain access to the summit entrance stretched from as far as I could see into the upper lot, down the mountain road about a quarter of the way to Danielsville. A banner day for Blue Mountain.

• Like 1

Hey all,

left a little early because of unknown road conditions and got to the lot pretty early at about 715. Had to run inside because I used my wrong email reloading my card....opps. Suited and booted by 745, couple hits and worked on my edges a little more and in line by 755.

First two runs were up the 6pack to burma then 2 runs up the quad to paradise and dream weaver. By 9 the lines were really starting to form in the carousel.  Then 4 more runs off of the 6 pack down lazy mile and sidewinder. On the last I actually walked back up the lower terrain park. 

At this point "lines" were just 2 masses of people. Ironically I run into a cousin and his fiancé and we end up taking the next two runs down dream weaver and switchback. Switchback was a lot of fun. Cool randomly seeing them as I didn't know they rode and they both ride pretty well. We did 2 runs in about 75 minutes. The mass of people by the quad was as halarious as it was infuriating. I split up with them and hit the lower park, walk the park again(!) and take off after that around 1130.

Between a brand new board, seeing my cousin and the good Snow the crowd could be over looked for a little while. Enjoy the pics and bad video, or don't:wiggle

IMG_2150.JPG

IMG_0583.MOV

IMG_2151.JPG

Edited by antman12
  • Like 3

Fun day. Snow was good, parking lot was fun, the line of cars pouring into that place at 11:30 am was epic. The line of cars trying to get in from the palmerton direction stretched halfway down covered bridge rd. 

Root telling the family walking by us heading to the slopes “oh yeah, plenty of fresh powder left” was great. They had no idea what they were in for. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

By 5-ish,  everything was starting to turn into push-piles atop ice, so I left.  Departing traffic was backed up all the way to the intersection in Danielsville, near the Blue Mtn. Drive-In and it was slow going.   Up until then, though: really great day; the snow was  incredible. Even the huge crowds weren't too big a deal, since the VIP line moved well and it seemed as though the trails had no more people on them than any other weekend. 

The parking lot was hilarious fun, and it was nice to see everyone again. At one point a woman in a black suv ran over a traffic cone but she was so angry at the parking situation she didn't care and continued to drive away with the cone wedged under her car's chassis. Eventually it broke free, but her rage was undiminished and she sped away, leaving a couple of confused guests to pick up the mangled orange mess and put it back in place. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

14 hours ago, zzslope said:

Very good conditions today. Bumps were good everywhere especially on switchback. Rode one ride on the six with Nastar Glen. A skier that we were conversing with while in line rode up with us, he ended up between us. As soon as we got on, he tried to put his poles under himself by sort of hopping off the seat, on his third hop he got too close to the front edge of the chair and slid right off into the pond in front of the lift station. I watched in disbelief as he disappeared off of and under the chair, I looked at Glen and he had the same look of disbelief as I. The lift stopped, we looked back, and there he was struggling to stand up in the pond amid a huge roar of hoots and hollers from the crowd in line. The attendants ran to help him and the grateful dead attendant waded into the pond for his skis which got him an ovation from the crowd. Then some of the crowd jokingly turned on us by accusing us of pushing him off the lift, we laughed and shrugged our shoulders at them. On the ride up Glen and I were like, 'wow am I glad he didn't grab either one of us on the way off". We thought his day was over for sure but three runs later there he was back in line. I asked him if he was still wet and he said, "nah I'm good', and rode up with me. 

We rode up with him a couple of times.  Said only one boot got soaked.

Also heard there was another person that went swimming.

We were joking that Bob needs to put up a "No Lifeguard on Duty  Swim at your own risk!" sign and have a life preserver hanging there too.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, momskeeztoo said:

Glad everyone had fun. Looking at the lines, I probably would not have lasted long. I'll be up Wednesday morning and maybe Thursday, if we don't get another monsoon rain. Season pass sale starts Wednesday?

Any idea how long the discounted passes stay on sale? I would LOVE to be able to take advantage of this offer but I will need to wait till next weekend to take advantage of it. Thanks!

13 minutes ago, antman12 said:

Any idea how long the discounted passes stay on sale? I would LOVE to be able to take advantage of this offer but I will need to wait till next weekend to take advantage of it. Thanks!

Until a limited amount sellout..could be somewhere between a few days and a few weeks..I'll likely buy mine at midnight to be sure. 

11 minutes ago, antman12 said:

no, they dont tell you the price structure up front.  I think i saw they said the same thing as last year, that they were "limited" in quantity.  Someone may correct me if im wrong, but werent they "limited" for quite some time?  Like 2 weeks?  It would be a gamble either way.  

4 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Until a limited amount sellout..could be somewhere between a few days and a few weeks..I'll likely buy mine at midnight to be sure. 

Man, you have come a long way GSS.  From buying your pass in November in person to getting it online at the stroke of midnight!

WTGAI

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/18/2018 at 3:40 PM, antman12 said:

Hey all,

left a little early because of unknown road conditions and got to the lot pretty early at about 715. Had to run inside because I used my wrong email reloading my card....opps. Suited and booted by 745, couple hits and worked on my edges a little more and in line by 755.

First two runs were up the 6pack to burma then 2 runs up the quad to paradise and dream weaver. By 9 the lines were really starting to form in the carousel.  Then 4 more runs off of the 6 pack down lazy mile and sidewinder. On the last I actually walked back up the lower terrain park. 

At this point "lines" were just 2 masses of people. Ironically I run into a cousin and his fiancé and we end up taking the next two runs down dream weaver and switchback. Switchback was a lot of fun. Cool randomly seeing them as I didn't know they rode and they both ride pretty well. We did 2 runs in about 75 minutes. The mass of people by the quad was as halarious as it was infuriating. I split up with them and hit the lower park, walk the park again(!) and take off after that around 1130.

Between a brand new board, seeing my cousin and the good Snow the crowd could be over looked for a little while. Enjoy the pics and bad video, or don't:wiggle

IMG_2150.JPG

IMG_0583.MOV

IMG_2151.JPG

You were one row over from the PASRs