2/18...floaty packed powder..3D snow:.crowded..sunny

GrilledSteezeSandwich

13 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Where aren't laptops permitted?  I honestly haven't been upstairs in the top lodge in at least 5 years. 

Blue replied and said the only place they aren't permitted is the room where the food is, the one with the bar in it too. They also apologized for the employee's strict enforcement. 

I'm calling shenanigans on her story because she goes on to say that she took her stuff and went looking for a  seat in the other room before returning and deciding the rule didn't apply to HER. I simply don't believe that it was SO busy there wasn't a seat to be had I  the Vista ballroom, but when she returned to the other room her seat was still open. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, indiggio said:

I don't think they want them in the room with the Last Run Lounge area only, because people will sit there all day consuming seats meant for people who buy food.

I'm sure they've received a ton of complaints from people who buy food there and have nowhere to sit.
One of Blue's responses is that laptop use is welcome, just in the other room.

That makes sense.  This person makes it out like no laptops what so ever.  So her bad review was overdone.  Probably most bad reviews are blown out of proportion.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, enjoralas said:

I'm calling it, no tailgating rule next year, or at least no tailgating on holiday weekends 

Sunday was the perfect storm.  Holiday weekend, snow Saturday night.  These things will happen.  It was one day.  Blue didnt make it a holiday, nor did they make is snow.  Clearly some people were gonna get screwed.  The only winners in Sundays shit show were the people that showed up early.  Crowds will be lighter from here on out.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

Sunday was the perfect storm.  Holiday weekend, snow Saturday night.  These things will happen.  It was one day.  Blue didnt make it a holiday, nor did they make is snow.  Clearly some people were gonna get screwed.  The only winners in Sundays shit show were the people that showed up early.  Crowds will be lighter from here on out.  

add Olympics to that mix...

• Like 3

9 hours ago, theprogram4 said:

Blue gave positive reviews a personal response, but negative reviews the generic copy and pasted response you are referring to lol.  Their response to the laptop review is pathetic 

Also in a comment that contains both criticism and praise, they will blithely ignore the criticism and say "Thanks for your kind words!"  

Good customer service is easy and cheap. No excuse for not directing the laptop-user to a place where they were allowed. And saying "We apologize for any inconvenience that may have occurred" when a customer has just described a very specific inconvenience that definitely occurred is Orwelian-level infuriating and easily avoidable. 

• Like 1

My business has a total of exactly one review on google and it's s 5 out of 5 star review.  Was a recent customer that I gave like a $12 discount on a $950 order lol. Since our average customer is like 85 we are much more likely to get hand written testimonial letters that we add to our website.  Customer service is everything unless you're the only decent ski area within an hour and a half of philly. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

6 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

My business has a total of exactly one review on google and it's s 5 out of 5 star review.  Was a recent customer that I gave like a $12 discount on a $950 order lol. Since our average customer is like 85 we are much more likely to get hand written testimonial letters that we add to our website.  Customer service is everything unless you're the only decent ski area within an hour and a half of philly. 

But any mildly grumpy person with a keyboard could write a bad review, even if it wasnt true.  Thats the problem with the internet.  

• Like 2