1/19

Nice morning at the Frost. 21 Runs in before 1. Skied right onto the lift the whole time. Enough coverage in T Bolt Glade and Happyland for plenty of turns there, as well as on the slope beside the first headwall on rivershot. Bumps on Exhibition had some ice visible between them but we're completely skiable top to bottom even for a mogul gape like me. Girls learned a new trick, skiing a run on their own (I could still see them from the next trail over just in case) and meeting me at the lift.

• Like 2

This is actually quite interesting...

We've been there yesterday, and I've never seen the place in so bad shape. Tons, tons of people, it was like somebody opened the floodgates, lines were long, there was no space to eat at all. No races, but fresh snow and Subaru event must've contributed to the crowds. The snow turned nasty real soon. We started at 8am, by 10 greens turned to crud with ice, and by noon the blacks were gone as well.

It was also bad execution on our part because we got sidetracked by the free snowboarding lessons that Subaru was offering, and so my daughter figured she'd try snowboarding for the heck of it. That was huge mistake because a) the lessons were late; b) they were quite primitive; c) we lost skiing time.

Amazing how different two back-to-back days in a single long weekend could be.

Floyd's looked good.  Saw a few people go down it.  River shot was real nice snow.  Challenge was the best run.  Have found that Presidents day is always the lightest day of the weekend.  I think the fact they were calling from rain really helped.  Never waited in line and no problem finding seats in lodge.  Arrived at 8:30 and parked real close to lodge.

9 hours ago, eaf said:

This is actually quite interesting...

We've been there yesterday, and I've never seen the place in so bad shape. Tons, tons of people, it was like somebody opened the floodgates, lines were long, there was no space to eat at all. No races, but fresh snow and Subaru event must've contributed to the crowds. The snow turned nasty real soon. We started at 8am, by 10 greens turned to crud with ice, and by noon the blacks were gone as well.

It was also bad execution on our part because we got sidetracked by the free snowboarding lessons that Subaru was offering, and so my daughter figured she'd try snowboarding for the heck of it. That was huge mistake because a) the lessons were late; b) they were quite primitive; c) we lost skiing time.

Amazing how different two back-to-back days in a single long weekend could be.

Glad we opted for Montage Sunday instead of getting drawn here for free lessons for the kids. Got a great 12-430 day at Montage followed by a great 8-1 day at Frost