18/19 Season Pass $399

GrilledSteezeSandwich

21 minutes ago, poconoceancity said:

They are too busy pulling off the greatest season pass sale in PA ski history. Totally genius. The season is over in 10 days, if by chance it’s not, they are done profiting. So they sell thousands of discounted passes and will sell thousands more when they raise the price to $499, which is still a great price.

This is great and all but no one knows how much debt blue has.

Edited by Shadows

9 minutes ago, tarponhead said:

QFfuckinT!

If vail buys Blue it won't look like a carnival. They'll actually pave the lots maybe even draw lines in them..a nice umbrella bar serving Veuve Cliquot would make Atomic Jeff happy..the bubbles are uplifting plus we could ski at Vail, park city, northstar, stowe and many other vail resorts. One day this dream could become a reality. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

If vail buys Blue it won't look like a carnival. They'll actually pave the lots maybe even draw lines in them..a nice umbrella bar serving Veuve Cliquot would make Atomic Jeff happy..the bubbles are uplifting plus we could ski at Vail, park city, northstar, stowe and many other vail resorts. One day this dream could become a reality. 

aspen-colorado-32.jpg

• Like 2

4 hours ago, rgrwilco said:

Im leaving the peak pass to come to blue. I hope they don't buy blue. Peak treats every mountain thats not mount snow kinda crappy.

2 hours ago, poconoceancity said:

Truth! I’m over jfbb, but my group isn’t. I’d even switch to CB or Montage at this point.

I have no horse in any kind of JFBB-Blue Mt race, but here is my take being as i was a passholder for years.  I think JFBB are now the red-headed step child of Peak Resorts.  I'm pretty sure when they bought Mt Snow, they took snowmaking equipment from Frost to Mt Snow.  I'm pretty sure they did the same thing when they bought Hunter, but it think this time it was equipment from BB.  Why else would it take 50+ days to get BB 100% open this year?  Thats a tiny little place.  Granted all snowmaking there has been fan guns for quite some time now, but 50 days?  Peak used to focus on day trip type resorts.  I think they got a different taste in their mouth after Mt Snow, and then when they bought Hunter, and the taste is good.  I think the park scene as a whole is on a trend downward, and BB isnt looking quite as good on paper anymore, and Frost aint setting the world on fire either.  There was kind of a huge "lack of caring" in my last 2 years at Frost.  They went from make some cool shit off trail skiable, to make snow, spin lifts, close early.  What do you do with 2 resorts that might show a profit on paper under the Peak umbrella, but might not look like winners on the open market?  I can be way off base here, but i think peak has to be looking at these 2 like, what do we do with them now?  

It would be interesting to see if Peak will be a player in Jay and Burke.  

• Like 1

I thought jfbb was going fine before peak. Most of the changes they made happened before peak anyway seems like. They brought in the parklogic guys and started doing stuff then turned around and sold it. 

as far as blue.. i would love to see them bring the apres back to the bottom. The top is great but doesnt have the connection to the hill at all. Youre off mountain up there. 

Two level lodge. Heated patio with deck up top or at least up a 6 flight stair.  Adjacent lodge and lift servicable terrain above/by the ponds. They got a nice little piece of land. On par with bear creek but with actual skiable terrain and larger metro area.

• Like 1

I have no horse in any kind of JFBB-Blue Mt race, but here is my take being as i was a passholder for years.  I think JFBB are now the red-headed step child of Peak Resorts.  I'm pretty sure when they bought Mt Snow, they took snowmaking equipment from Frost to Mt Snow.  I'm pretty sure they did the same thing when they bought Hunter, but it think this time it was equipment from BB.  Why else would it take 50+ days to get BB 100% open this year?  Thats a tiny little place.  Granted all snowmaking there has been fan guns for quite some time now, but 50 days?  Peak used to focus on day trip type resorts.  I think they got a different taste in their mouth after Mt Snow, and then when they bought Hunter, and the taste is good.  I think the park scene as a whole is on a trend downward, and BB isnt looking quite as good on paper anymore, and Frost aint setting the world on fire either.  There was kind of a huge "lack of caring" in my last 2 years at Frost.  They went from make some cool shit off trail skiable, to make snow, spin lifts, close early.  What do you do with 2 resorts that might show a profit on paper under the Peak umbrella, but might not look like winners on the open market?  I can be way off base here, but i think peak has to be looking at these 2 like, what do we do with them now?  

Don't get me wrong, I'll always have good memories from my time at Frost but when's the last time JF or BB saw an actual, tangible upgrade? The fan guns 10 years ago maybe? And weren't some of those shipped off to other mountains? Blue's cutting trails, upgrading snowmaking capacity, advertising a hotel / condos, making slopeside / lodge enhancements, adding pulled pork sandwich trucks etc. Yeah "coming soon" trail is taking a while and who really knows if the condos will actually be built. But you gotta give Blue props for trying. That alone warrants a season pass purchase because from me cause they give a crap. Seems like the plan for JF and BB (and I could be way off) is to simply maintain what they have and keep letting its location (lake harmony is popular with tourists) bring in the $$. What incentive is there for pass holders to stay there year in and year out? I'd love to know what the long-term plan is there.

32 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

I agree on all points. I bet jf closes the first Sunday in March and B.B. the last. There are zero improvements being made there and every other hill in pa is constantly adding new stuff and improving existing stuff. It’s so small and boring anymore, we just like how we know everyone and the kids can run free. If they ever get around to letting us know next seasons pass prices, that could be all it takes to make us jump ship. $599 early pricing is great for peaks ny, vt & nh resorts, but horrible for jfbb.

52 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

Yes, I agree. Park scene not nearly as strong as it used to be. Slopestyle and half pipe are in the olympics, therefore no longer cool. I think Blue should maybe pave the top lot so people who are going to weddings don't have to wade through acres of mud. Can't understand why they would plan condos, a hotel would probably be more profitable in the long run. Also leave the bottom lodge as is. They make it fancy, and they will probably not allow tailgating. 

I think Sally's prediction is going to be right on... Saw a guy on the lift today with a pass around his neck admiring the speed of the 6-pack... Turned out, he never was on BM before, snowboarded in other places, and now his wife is getting into it too. So he saw the pass price and just jumped on it without thinking. 

27 minutes ago, eaf said:

I think Sally's prediction is going to be right on... Saw a guy on the lift today with a pass around his neck admiring the speed of the 6-pack... Turned out, he never was on BM before, snowboarded in other places, and now his wife is getting into it too. So he saw the pass price and just jumped on it without thinking. 

I rode the 6 pack with 3 kids in their mid teens who just got season passes because of the deal (plus myself).

4 hours ago, eaf said:

Shit, I agree with Eaf. What a fucking world.

9 minutes ago, saltyant said:

What?? Have we entered a parallel universe? An alternate dimension? Are we still in "Salty Land"??? 

What prediction?

I predicted that Blue will go the way of Ragged Mountain in NH: overwhelming crowds as a result of cheap season passes.  Every weekend will be like this past President's Day weekend-snowstorm crowd-tastrophe. 

36 minutes ago, SallyCat said:

I predicted that Blue will go the way of Ragged Mountain in NH: overwhelming crowds as a result of cheap season passes.  Every weekend will be like this past President's Day weekend-snowstorm crowd-tastrophe.

Sounds like they'll have to add some more card readers to the VIP line.

42 minutes ago, SallyCat said:

Great! ill use my cheap pass and ride weekday nights and 8-10 on weekends and not worry about the crowds.:cheers:

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, antman12 said:

Great! ill use my cheap pass and ride weekday nights and 8-10 on weekends and not worry about the crowds.:cheers:

Two Sundays ago, I used the VIP line at 8:35 because the line was backed up to the card readers. Yikes!  

But yeah, weeknights are usually good, especially Monday. The school groups are annoying--you get a lot of out-of-control meat rockets and too much nonsense at the chairs (clogging up the line waiting for friends, letting near-empty chairs go when there's a line because they only want to ride with people they know, etc.). But it's worth the price, for sure.