18/19 Season Pass $399

GrilledSteezeSandwich

2 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Got the email. 6th grade Ski passes are $99 this year. I will take it $399 + 99 + 99 - 50 (sold off two Blue lift tkt vouchers for $25 each when I got this) = $547 for 3 of us to ski Blue all next season.

Nice you probably make more than $547 in a day. 

• Like 1

On 2/23/2018 at 8:24 PM, momskeeztoo said:

Can't understand why they would plan condos, a hotel would probably be more profitable in the long run

Survey in my email today says they are “reconsidering the fractional approach and looking into other development options and designs.”

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, enjoralas said:

Survey in my email today says they are “reconsidering the fractional approach and looking into other development options and designs.”

They should just build a regular hotel and have a hotel management company run and operate it.  It doesn't have to be a crazy Camelback/Kalahari type place..4 stories or so with mainly basic rooms and some family style suites.  I was a little excited for the condo launch party in the Vista ballroom..I imagine a pretty nice spread of Hors D'oerves maybe even mini beef wellingtons and prawns.  Bravo could even round up a few of the local Lehigh valley and Pocono realtors and have a show called $100,000 dollar listing Carbon county edition..after a big sale and a $3100 commission they could show the realtors celebrating at the Last Run lounge over buffalo shrimp and IPAs. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

They should just build a regular hotel and have a hotel management company run and operate it.  It doesn't have to be a crazy Camelback/Kalahari type place..4 stories or so with mainly basic rooms and some family style suites.  I was a little excited for the condo launch party in the Vista ballroom..I imagine a pretty nice spread of Hors D'oerves maybe even mini beef wellingtons and prawns.  Bravo could even round up a few of the local Lehigh valley and Pocono realtors and have a show called $100,000 dollar listing Carbon county edition..after a big sale and a $3100 commission they could show the realtors celebrating at the Last Run lounge over buffalo shrimp and IPAs. 

Agree with this somewhat, but it wouldn't be a bad idea to also have condos as well, as regular hotel rooms to ensure investments. That same hotel management company could manage the condos as well. The plan they originally had really did not interest me at all, but full ownership of a condo would interest me as a potential rental property or even just a nice place to stay after a wedding, or boozing too much at Blue (as long as it was dog friendly, or course). Since I'm on the mood to discuss condo and whatnot, I also think Blue should build some xc biking trails on the flats and lower angle mountain as well as hiking trails all over that would bring people up there and could link with the AT. Doesn't need to be anything fancy, just something that once is built, and gets some food traffic could maintain itself or minimal maintenance, which could also bring more people there for food/drinks in the non-winter season. Ever since the statue of TP4 fell through, I haven't been as interested in getting up there over the summer other than biking. 

13 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Would you move there if the price was right for a hotel room? 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

The guy Ricky we met in the lot Tuesday night was saying the full disc golf course is pretty badass.  

I've heard that as well, and there are pretty much always people there in the spring/summer/fall throwing discs. I've never disc golfed, but I'd be interested in trying it, especially if somebody has discs I could use.

1 minute ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

What do you think the market price for a 2 bedroom 2 bathroom condo would be at Blue?  New construction isn't cheap...I'm thinking in the high 200s..

Probably. 2 bedroom 2 bath is a lot more than I would want. I'd do a 1 bedroom, if seriously considering it for personal use and rental considering the wedding venue. 

6 minutes ago, GSSucks said:

Would you move there if the price was right for a hotel room? 

It wouldn't be right. Would likely be 2-3 times what I pay.  I also drive to work a lot more times in a year than I drive to skiing and there's not a dozen restaurants within a mile of Blue like where I live or college girls or karaoke at multiple venues within 5 miles.  

I would possibly stay there a few times though.  I sort of want to stay at the Renaissance hotel in downtown Allentown sometime for shits and giggles and the hotel Bethlehem and Hyatt place center city Bethlehem for shits and giggles.  Would be a fun and extremely drunken staycation. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

9 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

Probably. 2 bedroom 2 bath is a lot more than I would want. I'd do a 1 bedroom, if seriously considering it for personal use and rental considering the wedding venue. 

I'd actually buy a one bedroom condo in Allentown cash one day if the price was right.  Most are 2+ bedrooms. 

18 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

I've heard that as well, and there are pretty much always people there in the spring/summer/fall throwing discs. I've never disc golfed, but I'd be interested in trying it, especially if somebody has discs I could use.

You can buy discs fairly cheap at Dicks sporting good or I'm sure cheaper online. As far as sports go the amount of equipment needed is very minimal. I used to disc golf regularly when I lived in Montana and a little bit at the Jordan course and Lehigh Parkway.  It's fairly similar to regular golf, shuffleboard and pool in that it involves a lot of muscle memory.  

34 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

It wouldn't be right. Would likely be 2-3 times what I pay.  I also drive to work a lot more times in a year than I drive to skiing and there's not a dozen restaurants within a mile of Blue like where I live or college girls or karaoke at multiple venues within 5 miles.  

I would possibly stay there a few times though.  I sort of want to stay at the Renaissance hotel in downtown Allentown sometime for shits and giggles and the hotel Bethlehem and Hyatt place center city Bethlehem for shits and giggles.  Would be a fun and extremely drunken staycation. 

You should do it for one season, to see if it's worth it.